Dull totem - Cleanse sound effect
Just a suggestion, mostly to counter NOED and to help bridge SWF/SoloQ gap.
I know the HUD had already been reworked so adding a totem counter is likely not in the works but perhaps a new sound effect for when a dull totem is cleansed would be a cool and more interesting mechanic?
This would allow soloQ to know if any have been done, should be relatively easy/quick to work in the game mechanic and would also require the survivors to pay attention and keep track of the number of times they've heard it go off.
This will also likely encourage people to search for remaining totems to counter NOED before gens are done and increase game time and interactions between killer and survivors.
Comments
changing the totem pop sound effect to global would be an easy fix and good information for both sides.
I think so! I know NOED is frustrating sometimes but I genuinely think this small change would be a really great addition and don't really see much negative or counter arguement for it in terms of fairness!
Totems would still be just as hard to find on certain maps etc. But the mechanic should hopefully be quite beneficial to both killer and survivor.
Even for killers running NOED it would let them know to change their game plan of they hear all 5 cleansed for example.
I dont think any killer running noed has a plan B tbh. The amount of times i've been hit after all gens are done and noed doesnt proc because we cleansed all the totems, and the killer has just stood there for several seconds trying to work out why he isnt getting his free kills is astounding.
Yes
The sound could be distant rumbling thunder roll (since a hex cleanse is a close-up lightning strike)