Projectile killers are a lucky dip

Let me preface this by saying this is for both sides

But projectile killers have to be the most inconsistent killers in this game on these servers and these maps

I mean how many times as killer have you been cucked out of a hit because you shot at a survivor and it hits some other random object that doesn't exist or even shot right through a survivor even though it looked like it was lined up perfectly.

And on the flip side how many times have you been shot by DS and see the harpoon is actually going through a wall on a corner or shot from half way across the map because the killer is closer on his screen because of that magic word "LATENCY" and lets not forget what latency can do for a huntress's accuracy.

I know there are probably alot more frustrating things in this game, but the sheer inconsistency of playing or playing against these killers is just horrible sometimes.

Comments

  • As a Plague main I especially hear you.

    Nothing is worse than an entire charged up stream of vile/corrupt purge not registering as hits because of a server issue.

  • I shot a survivor on midwich as Deathslinger and they threw their arms up and everything... but kept running.

  • @ukenicky said:

    As a Plague main I especially hear you.

    Nothing is worse than an entire charged up stream of vile/corrupt purge not registering as hits because of a server issue.

    Or running double emetic add-ons, cornering a survivor, doing a fully charged vile purge directly into their chest... And they only get half sickness.

  • I've found Huntress' throwing ability to be more or less fair, depending on the player. I haven't often felt like they got a magic magnet hit with her very often.

    Plague, eh. Middle ground.

    Trickster ######### drives me up the wall. I don't know where all these crummy Trickster players are who complain that they can't hit anything. I can dodge back and forth all over the place, wind myself around objects, etc., and my choices are to either take a bunch of hits from his magic throwing knife spam (since it's all ANY Trickster player seems to do) while trying to run from him, only for him to catch up with me somehow anyway, or to do something cheap like sit and cower whenever he's around or try to lead him toward an area where I know other players might intervene. Does Trickster have trouble hitting people with his endless knives? Yeah, for like the first hour or two on the day of his release. Now? Nah, he downs me and pretty much everyone else I play with no matter what level they're on. EVERYONE goes down to this guy. It's just a matter of whether someone gets them up long enough to work toward escape. So all this talk about him being too crappy and ineffectual is a total mystery to me. Huntress and Plague don't feel anywhere NEAR as cheap to me.

  • Honestly, it all comes down to which side of the BS you're on.

  • Projectile Killers, not counting huntress, have a hitDOT, not a hitBOX.

    I have seen spears, knives and vomit go right through my survivor or others and not take any damage, yet when things hit the wall half the map way it hits?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    Projectile Killers, not counting huntress, have a hitDOT, not a hitBOX.

    I have seen spears, knives and vomit go right through my survivor or others and not take any damage, yet when things hit the wall half the map way it hits?

    I did this and the survivor waved at me to spear them because it was so bs lol.

  • @FattiePoobum said:

    Let me preface this by saying this is for both sides

    But projectile killers have to be the most inconsistent killers in this game on these servers and these maps

    I mean how many times as killer have you been cucked out of a hit because you shot at a survivor and it hits some other random object that doesn't exist or even shot right through a survivor even though it looked like it was lined up perfectly.

    And on the flip side how many times have you been shot by DS and see the harpoon is actually going through a wall on a corner or shot from half way across the map because the killer is closer on his screen because of that magic word "LATENCY" and lets not forget what latency can do for a huntress's accuracy.

    I know there are probably alot more frustrating things in this game, but the sheer inconsistency of playing or playing against these killers is just horrible sometimes.

    We can’t always blame the servers. There are plenty of players with crappy connections to the server, especially those using VPN to play on a server outside of their region.