Dbd proximity chat idea

Going with the lore of most people cant talk in dbd

When a player talks into their mic. Their character will make noises like mumbling. When the character is doing this their aura is revealed to all player in range idk like 50m or something

but you have to be careful about when you speak because it can reveal your aura to the killer as well

(nobody will hear the actual words you are speaking)


Haveing a proximity chat like this would keep immersion and help both solo and killer while also prevent mid game hate speech

Thoughts?

Edit 10:40 I've completely redone my old text

(not sure it people are confused by what I put or they just didn't read it)

Comments

  • Nah, I don't want to have to talk to random people if I don't want to, and nobody should be forced to put up with in-game #########-talking via voice.

    Solo survivors do need more tools at their disposal to bring them up to SWF levels though. I've suggested:

    1. Survivors are able to view all survivors perk/item loadouts in the lobby screen, so they can judge the capabilities of their team mates, know what to expect from them, etc. If a survivor is bringing borrowed time, they know to let them go for the unhook. If a survivor has botany knowledge, take the heal instead of insisting on depleting your med-kit, etc.
    2. A small set of pre-set in-game messages. Things like "Killer is here!" "Coast is clear" "Help me!" "Leave me". You press the button for the message you want to activate, and it appears by your survivor portrait, as well as triggering a directional indicator (similar to the notification Ghostface gets when a survivor is revealing them) so you know where the message is coming from. Give it a 30 second cooldown, and have the message remain on screen for about 5-10 seconds.
  • @Seraphor said:

    Nah, I don't want to have to talk to random people if I don't want to, and nobody should be forced to put up with in-game #########-talking via voice.

    Solo survivors do need more tools at their disposal to bring them up to SWF levels though. I've suggested:

    1. Survivors are able to view all survivors perk/item loadouts in the lobby screen, so they can judge the capabilities of their team mates, know what to expect from them, etc.
    2. A small set of pre-set in-game messages. Things like "Killer is here!" "Coast is clear" "Help me!" "Leave me". You press the button for the message you want to activate, and it appears by your survivor portrait, as well as triggering a directional indicator (similar to the notification Ghostface gets when a survivor is revealing them) so you know where the message is coming from. Give it a 30 second cooldown, and have the message remain on screen for about 5-10 seconds.

    In before self care users get dodged and can't get into a single match...

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    No thanks. Would be too big of a buff to solo. And while I only SWF...I don't want to be yellowed a racist slur or be told how stupid I am by some 10 year old who's throwing a fit.

    Did you even read what I said

    (Specifically the part where the surivor cant speak but make noises) due to lore

  • How exactly would it bring solo up to swf level, can you explain? I play in europe, and a lot of people i have to play with can´t even write in english. How would it put me up if they could yell to me in russian (which i dont speak)?

  • great idea, would be awesome to hear survivor/killer players spam ez sound effect every time they drop a pallet/hook you

    /s

  • That would be bad. Voice Chat would be revealed by the killer. No thanks.

  • @sulaiman said:

    How exactly would it bring solo up to swf level, can you explain? I play in europe, and a lot of people i have to play with can´t even write in english. How would it put me up if they could yell to me in russian (which i dont speak)?

    Maybe I'm unclear I'm my explanation

    Dbd lore very few can say words

    So when you mic detects talking the surivor mumbles noises audiblely .and has their aura revealed the louder you are the further the range you are revealed but if you are too loud the killer could see you too .

    So you wouldn't hear real words but see their aura

  • @sulaiman said:

    How exactly would it bring solo up to swf level, can you explain? I play in europe, and a lot of people i have to play with can´t even write in english. How would it put me up if they could yell to me in russian (which i dont speak)?

    This. +1

    Most people would just scream in their main language. No thanks.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080573#Comment_2080573

    To be honest, no. Because I'm figured it's the same as any other proximity chat. And after read it...You realize things like bond, aftercare, kindred exist...right ? Use them

    This is true but who runs them. I can see bond but even then these are direct buffs to something that is base because now you can see your team without risk or revealing your self or team to the killer.

    And it would make soul surivor indefiently better

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    No thanks. Would be too big of a buff to solo. And while I only SWF...I don't want to be yellowed a racist slur or be told how stupid I am by some 10 year old who's throwing a fit.

    Complains about a buff to solo but admits to running SWF exclusively, odd.

    But OP, I don't think its got a place in this game. Too many snowflakes and sensitive people and it'd only increase the toxicity in this game. Very rarely will it be actually beneficial, IMO.

  • @Volcz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2080568#Comment_2080568

    Complains about a buff to solo but admits to running SWF exclusively, odd.

    But OP, I don't think its got a place in this game. Too many snowflakes and sensitive people and it'd only increase the toxicity in this game. Very rarely will it be actually beneficial, IMO.

    Yea I'm trying to make it where it is not only helpful but also denying of mid game hate speech I just re did the entire thread to be clearer maybe I was unclear or they didn't read it at all

  • i would like a whisper chat feature. you press esc+there is a chat box next to the other survivors names so you can click on it and then you can type a message to the survivor. voice chat would be toxic as hell and wouldnt fit at all into dbd. you could ask them stuff like which gen they are working on, tell them that you have a certain perk, etc..

  • @swager21 said:

    i would like a whisper chat feature. you press esc+there is a chat box next to the other survivors names so you can click on it and then you can type a message to the survivor. voice chat would be toxic as hell and wouldnt fit at all into dbd. you could ask them stuff like which gen they are working on, tell them that you have a certain perk, etc..

    That could work but with chat filters good luck and console players dont even have post game chat what about them?