Is this an actual fashion thing?
I kind of like the look of these two outfits, but I really don't understand his footwear situation. Why is one pant leg tucked into his boot part way? I don't understand this look. I'm confused why they both aren't tucked in fully or left out like how he has his left leg.

Comments
A lot of cosmetics are designed to look a bit scruffy to fit in with the whole cat and mouse theme of the game. It's possible that the idea is that his pants came untucked while chasing survivors.
It's the tucked one that looks odd to me. I don't know why someone would tuck dress slacks into shoes.
I guess I could see that, but it's like really tucked in there. The other leg is very form fitting, so it's weird to think they could come untucked in that manner.
..
Anything is an actual fashion thing, if you want it to be.