If the survivor who brings Open Handed dies, does everyone still get the buff?

I was in a match recently and, as I had brought kindred, was happy to see that someone had brought open handed. I was unhappy it was a wraith so it didn't matter, but I wondered what would happen if the person who brought open handed died. Unfortunately, I died first, and I don't have anybody to test my question with. I would guess that the perk get's disabled, but I don't know?

Comments

  • Pretty sure it'll get disabled, but good question.

    The only relevant thing it says on the wiki is "If there are multiple instances of Open-Handed present in a Trial, they will stack their respective values", which I guess implies that if a survivor is no longer in the trial (dead) then it will not stack.

  • It does not get disabled.

    I play as Ace with Open-Handed sometimes. Every time I died and went to spectate I saw the indicator for Open-Handed (the blue one next to the perks) still active, and no one else was running it.

  • @InsaneCoaster said:

    Pretty sure it'll get disabled, but good question.

    The only relevant thing it says on the wiki is "If there are multiple instances of Open-Handed present in a Trial, they will stack their respective values", which I guess implies that if a survivor is no longer in the trial (dead) then it will not stack.

    changing this stacking ability in the next patch though