Recent Increased Client Instability

Alas, I don't think I can give specific steps to recreate the problem, as it's happening randomly. I've had increased disconnects, and even a complete CTD (the game just poofed right in the middle of a match. One moment I was in the match, the next moment I was looking at my desktop - no error message, no warning at all, no lag or anything to indicate the game was having a problem). Given I can only play a few matches a day (to avoid flaring up the repetitive injury the game caused), getting a CTD or disconnect (which then results in a DC penalty) generally just means I give up on the game entirely.

I'm not sure if it's related to the All-Kill chapter itself, or perhaps to the nVidia driver update that happened on March 30th.

DeadByDaylight-backup-2021.04.02-16.24.28.log

Additional information

  • Character played: Meg, but I'm not sure it has anything to do with it.
  • Perks played: Sprint Burst, Spine Chill, Borrowed Time, Adrenaline
  • Map: varies
  • Frequency of the issue: my client, up to very recently, has been very stable. Disconnects were extremely rare. They are now what I would call "uncommon" quickly moving into "common" if the current trend continues. As in, I'm getting them on almost a daily basis now.

documents to add

  • Images
  • Videos
  • Logs (PC only) - I have the log from yesterday, so hopefully it can help! If I get another complete CTD, I'll try and remember to grab that log as well


Tagged: Pending

Comments