I would be fine with J flicks and stretched res as long as they were made more accessible
I think J flicks add a layer of depth to blight and I dont really care about stretched res that much. I think if they juust made stretched possible in the settings so console could do it and so you dont have to go mess around in file it would be fine. Similarly I think if they just make J flicks possible with current sense it would be fine.
Comments
Stretched would just be a fov slider but the reason for their not being one the devs have said because they don't want people seeing over loops or mitigating stuff like nurse stun for free. (Fancy that both things that are removed by stretched)
you don't even need to edit the files to change res. just change your main display setting and it will apply to DBD aswell
Honestly, those two are incomparable. Stretched Res makes something easier, J-flicking adds something entirely new/takes something else away.
I dislike both of them, but one is clearly the bigger exploit.
Stretched rez makes many loops unmindgameable. J flick is countered by walking in a different direction. J flicking isnt something entirely new its literally just a bigger flick and it takes nothing away.
You can see over every loop without Stretched Res, it just increases the amount you can see. Against shorter killers it can actually, very occasionally, give you I formation you couldn't access, but for the most part the reason it's in bad taste is because it makes looking over walls an absolute breeze instead of a commited effort.
Edit: That's not how you counter a good J-flicking Blight. Because they will be able to run and microadjust in such a way as to make that almost impossible even if they don't guess exactly where you are going. And it clearly does add something, normal Blight cannot j flick.
Exactly it lets you see over way more which makes a bunch of killers visable. You can counter J flicks you cant counter survivors seeing every mindgame
You can't counter j flicks any more than you can counter spirit or nurse.