List of things people still don't seem to understand about Deathslinger
There's still a number of things getting consistently brought up when it comes to Deathslinger, especially when people try to make a case for a nerf. so, here's some common misconceptions:
- 'He can insta-shoot, it's so overpowered' There is a small delay, but more importantly he has a limited range and a miniscule hitbox. A hitDOT rather. So a Slinger who can insta-shoot a survivor over a distance needed as much practice as a huntress who can do a 4k snipe from the Pale Rose.
- 'But he can shoot you over loops' And he needs to pull you in. Sure, you get the deep wound, but he'll get a stun. And barely anyone really uses the addons to reduce that.
- 'He should have a recoil like Trickster. He uses a gun.' He has the reload time. This is also reason he doesn't have a wind-up like huntress.
- 'People are just faking the shots'. Some do, unfortunately. And these people are ridiculous. But a good Slinger is usually just trying to make the shot count.
- 'People are abusing M&A on him, the chain should be shorter'. He (and Michael) should be barred from M&A as a whole, I give you that (just like killers with insta-down abilities should be barred from noed and devour)
Hope this covers the biggest misconceptions
Comments
I swear Myers with M&A still feels like he has a bigger terror radius than Deathslinger with M&A. It's the reason I really hate him.
I dont understand the point of faking shots being made by ridiculous people. So what about the people that uses unbreakable with soul guard to abuse it? Or people with BT tanking a hit for their rescuer?
might be because you WILL still get myer's TR while Slinger uses M&A to get shots in, so you don't hear it 'as long'
The latter two are tactical, the former is cheating. Some may cry bloody murder over abusing something to gain an unfair advantage is totally a tactic, but these people are probably... I could bring up several real life comparisons, but I won't
Didnt understood very well, so basically mindgaming is cheating?
https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousCrispySandwichSoonerLaterEven then, I could do a similar thing with huntress, so whenever I read something like this I'm always somewhere in the middle.
How is using soul guard with unbreakable abuse?
Mindgaming that has no substantial counter, yeah. Also, it's not much 'mindgaming'. it's admitting you don't know when you can make a shot but other killers are to hard for you
I disagree with your last point. Survivors need to smarten up and treat Deathslinger and Myers just like other Stealth Killers: do not work on gens with large amounts of LoS blockers, and always work on the side of a gen that offers the greatest amount of visibility.
Once you pick yourself up, you have 8 seconds of godmode. Use your imagination of what you could do :P
No. Not against deathslinger. Myers, maybe, but even there I'd argue you'd rather be in a spot where he can't stalk you. And being in a clear LoS is a free shot.
I don't want to be that guy, but "misconceptions" suggests you are correcting false opinions that are held about a certain topic.
...and none of your points are misconceptions.
you're just downplaying the severity of his strengths.
that said... B-tier killer, and a snooze to play against.
So is it my fault when survivors tend to run in circles only because im deathslinger? Also rip spirit users, they re miserable.
For the last part... Using common sense, why not making the stuff easier for myself? At this point i dont know if you re trolling lol :/
Soul guard is not even that good and suffer from somewhat the same problems as unbreakable. Your overreacting
Yeah, its like everything. Its not that good until you noticed he tanked the hit, and then tbagging from distance.
Havent died of starstruck yet, but i wouldnt say it isnt that good, only because i see it 1 of 20 matches.
That’s the trade off though. Myers will get a little bit of stalk but the survivor is in a position to spot, and react quickly to that.
And yes same with Deathslinger. Better to be easily seen OUT of The Redeemer firing range, and quickly start running away, than be caught out by a Deathslinger you couldn’t see coming due to the poor decision of working on a gen tucked away inside a loop with high walls.
Faking a shot is cheating?