Killer Perk Idea: Ricochet
Disclaimer: I understand that this would be a very powerful perk, but I believe I’ve given it adequate limits (please read everything before jumping to conclusions.) If you disagree, I’m open to suggestions and edits. Enjoy!
You summon your strength to attack your victim with a tremendously powerful attack.
Start the match with 3 tokens. Press the active ability button to consume a token and activate Ricochet. After activation, you have 5/10/15 seconds to land a successful basic attack. The the force of this hit will apply Deep Wound to the survivor and chip a tiny piece off of your weapon.
This chipped-off piece will bounce around the area and damage, destroy, or injure nearby objects or survivors in rapid succession. Damaged generators regress as though kicked. Breakable walls and pallets (even upright pallets) are destroyed. Survivors injured by Ricochet suffer from Deep Wound.
After damaging an object, the fragment will bounce toward the next nearest applicable target, piercing through walls and floors unimpeded. Ricochet ends when it has damaged 8 items OR when the next target is more than 15 meters away.
Ricochet has a cooldown of 5/4/3 minutes.
Comments
What about killers that already have an activate ability power? (And yes, its a bit over powered and would be really difficult to program)
I may have my terms mixed up, but I’m imagining “active ability” as being separate and apart from “secondary power”.
I play PS4, so the bindings I’m aware of are that all attacks and powers are on the trigger buttons, but then there’s still the X button for active abilities. (For survivor, X is what you’d use for Dead Hard, for example.).
As for programming difficulty, I leave that up to the devs. Either they can or they can’t. If they like the idea, they can implement it or modify it so that it CAN be implemented. Either way, at this point it’s just an idea.
I feel ya, its an interesting concept for sure. But ya know what it would be better for? A power on a new killer. :D