Killer stuck trying to hook when sabotaging

Platform: PC - Steam

Description: When I sabatage a hook with the "Sabotage" perk, and de killer is just about to hook a carried survivor, he gets frozen until I fully sabotage it.

Steps:

  1. Survivor with sabotage perk
  2. Start sabotaging JUST before the killer hooks. Killer presses "hook" (spacebar I think)
  3. Killer gets freezed with the survivor on his shoulder until I finish sabotaging.

I will try to get a screenshot of the exact moment. [Edited to add screenshot]

hook.jpg

]

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • I've experienced this myself and I really hope this is a bug and not a feature. Survivors shouldn't get any priority on hooking progress.

  • @FeryGEN said:

    You cannot throw a survivor, you cannot hang a survivor, you cannot hit a breaking hook, you cannot move away, but the survivor can wiggle

    Hookbreaker has a pharmacy and the Sabotage perk

    This bug happens to me every time, and every time I cannot somehow counter what is happening.

    https://youtu.be/RHWVs85KEfg

    I have reported this bug before. Apparently he was ignored.

  • hook.jpg

    Screenshot of the bug.

    The killer is stuck in that position until I finish the sabo.

    I don't do it to bug them, I try so that they hit me to get mettle of man and I give the survivor some seconds to wiggle and escape with my breakout.

  • @Kees_T said:

    I've experienced this myself and I really hope this is a bug and not a feature. Survivors shouldn't get any priority on hooking progress.

    Doesn't seem priority.

    I mean, if survivor is sabotaging the hook, I think it's ok for the killer not to be able to hook. I like the mechanic.

    BUT what's happening here is that the killer IS STUCK. When he presses spacebar he FROZES util I finish sabotaging.

  • @Kees_T said:

    I've experienced this myself and I really hope this is a bug and not a feature. Survivors shouldn't get any priority on hooking progress.

    I think it's OK for the killer not being able to hook while sabotaging.

    BUT what's happening here is that the killer gets FROZEN in front of the hook if he tries to hook while sabo. It only happens when he presses the button to hook when the survivor just started sabotaging. Like if both did at the same time but survivor input got first to the server.

  • @Solyc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2073476#Comment_2073476

    I think it's OK for the killer not being able to hook while sabotaging.

    BUT what's happening here is that the killer gets FROZEN in front of the hook if he tries to hook while sabo. It only happens when he presses the button to hook when the survivor just started sabotaging. Like if both did at the same time but survivor input got first to the server.

    Yes I know you can't hook while they sabo. The priority I mean is like the Hatch closing, where the server prioritize the Killer input.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2074500#Comment_2074500

    Yes I know you can't hook while they sabo. The priority I mean is like the Hatch closing, where the server prioritize the Killer input.

    Ah ok.

    But if the server recieves both imputs, it will always recieve one before the other (usually killer's imput because he's usullay the host or something like that, I don't really know how it works).

    Sof if it recieves on input first, the server doesen't need to prioritize, right? I really don't understand how that works.

  • @Solyc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075056#Comment_2075056

    Ah ok.

    But if the server recieves both imputs, it will always recieve one before the other (usually killer's imput because he's usullay the host or something like that, I don't really know how it works).

    Sof if it recieves on input first, the server doesen't need to prioritize, right? I really don't understand how that works.

    I'm not a game developer but a web developer, the concept of any game using dedicated servers works like this:

    image.png

    "inputs" or any data works in a bidirectional way, the client can send any information to the server and the server can also send any information to their clients.

    For example: If the "Survivor 1" drops a pallet on their game screen, it sends that information to the Server, then the Server will send this information to the other clients(Survivors and the Killer), and in their screen, they will see the pallet dropping.

    But this is a very basic concept, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes, but this is how it sends and receives data. I think the way they can prioritize the Killer input is by everytime a Survivor send their input(if that input has priorities), the Server will try to wait some milliseconds to see if a Killer will send their input, if it does, it ignores the Survivor input and accepts the Killer one.

    "Survivors shouldn't get any priority on hooking progress." So resuming, even if a Survivor sends their input to start the sabotage interaction, if the Killer pressed the button just a little bit late(needs to be lower than 1 second to make it fair), the Killer input should override that Survivor input and allow the hooking interaction to progress.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075905#Comment_2075905

    I'm not a game developer but a web developer, the concept of any game using dedicated servers works like this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DCIGIE190SFQ/image.png

    "inputs" or any data works in a bidirectional way, the client can send any information to the server and the server can also send any information to their clients.

    For example: If the "Survivor 1" drops a pallet on their game screen, it sends that information to the Server, then the Server will send this information to the other clients(Survivors and the Killer), and in their screen, they will see the pallet dropping.

    But this is a very basic concept, there's a lot more going on behind the scenes, but this is how it sends and receives data. I think the way they can prioritize the Killer input is by everytime a Survivor send their input(if that input has priorities), the Server will try to wait some milliseconds to see if a Killer will send their input, if it does, it ignores the Survivor input and accepts the Killer one.

    "Survivors shouldn't get any priority on hooking progress." So resuming, even if a Survivor sends their input to start the sabotage interaction, if the Killer pressed the button just a little bit late(needs to be lower than 1 second to make it fair), the Killer input should override that Survivor input and allow the hooking interaction to progress.

    Great explanation.

    Now I understand what you mean, thank you.

    Let's see if the devs can solve this bug.

  • bumping since this just happened to me in 5.1.0