Trickster needs loads of buffs
So my basis for my thoughts is based on Red Rank games for about eight hours. Trickster is one of the most fun killers I've ever played but feels very weak at the moment. Most the time I get gen rushed by four survivors on comms but that comes with the territory of red ranks. I have gotten a lot of 2Ks, 3ks, and about five 4Ks. But most the time it's all four get away cause Trickster just doesn't have map pressure being so slow and the extremely slow movement speed in most loops if the survivor knows what they are doing. Bamboozle and Brutal Strength is literally mandatory on the Trickster. Corrupt Intervention has also helped me get kills but that is a crutch perk for red ranks for any killer any way in order to not be gen rushed at red ranks.
Knives should default be six to injure and then six more to down. Eight then eight more knives to down seems a bit much considering how slow you begin to move and already move by default when survivors can easily get around corners or simply hold W/forward and zoom away since you are so slow. Same thing with the movement shoes, which I'll cover next. I can't seem to do much at loops unless you a rocking the shoes add on and the faster knife laceration add on.
Movement speed needs to be increased both running and have the add on shoes for movement speed be base kit when aiming the knives/ throwing knives. The only time I find the Trickster viable is with the movement speed shoes on which seems so crazy that it should have already just be default speed when throwing knives. It feels perfect when you have the shoes on for movement in loops when throwing knives.
Main Event should be saved for when you actually want to use it and maybe Main Event shouldn't have any recoil or sway to make it actually mean something. Having an instant start-up would probably help also. I actually never use main event in matches cause it's so damn bad. A really long start up, locked into throwing super inaccurate knives, and a really long CD before being able to throw knives again. It's be a million times better if you could have the normal throwing knives animation but also lower it to begin running again and start throwing again until the duration runs out.
Knife recoil is so ridiculous when at full rate of fire that survivors can just serpentine and you'll miss almost every knife thrown. Why is it every other ranged killer (Huntress, Deathslinger, and Plague) get to know 100% of the time where there shots/puke is going but with Trickster I have to break my wrist fighting the left/right recoil to hit a target already moving left and right. I'm 100% positive if the random recoil and deviation was removed Trickster would actually be a very powerful in red ranks and make him a skillful ranged killer like Huntress and Deathslinger.
The only add-ons I find viable are the shoes and the faster laceration green add on. The add-on to have a proximity for 50% laceration is also a fantastic perk to throw with the movement shoes. The movement shoes and faster laceration add on IMO should be base kit. An add-on like the Flower Babushka for Trickster would be really great also to let him raise his hand faster to begin throwing knives. If Trickster had add-ons to cause the Hindered and Exhausted status effects on a laceration injure would also fix a lot of issues. The irridescent add-ons are hot garbage too and I haven't messed around with ricochet add-ons yet. I'm curious how everyone feels about my points and what do you think about Trickster as a whole and at red ranks.
Comments