So...

Why are the Dev's punishing Killer's for camping and forcing them to play the tedious "Run Around the Pallet" mechanic they love so much without giving us any real incentive to do so? You know like, oh I dunno, actually slowing down gen progress?

Comments

  • Wraff said:

    Why are the Dev's forcing punishing Killer's for camping and forcing them to play the tedious "Run Around the Pallet" mechanic they love so much without giving us any real incentive to do so? You know like, oh I dunno, actually slowing down gen progress?

    I thought they were looking at the pallet game by making survivors have to run before they can quick vault?

    Having to run a little over 2 meters for a fast vault sounds like it would disrupt loopers to a degree.
  • @Rebel_Raven said:
    Wraff said:

    Why are the Dev's forcing punishing Killer's for camping and forcing them to play the tedious "Run Around the Pallet" mechanic they love so much without giving us any real incentive to do so? You know like, oh I dunno, actually slowing down gen progress?

    I thought they were looking at the pallet game by making survivors have to run before they can quick vault?

    Having to run a little over 2 meters for a fast vault sounds like it would disrupt loopers to a degree.

    Do you have any reference to that or is it just a rumor?

  • Wraff said:

    Why are the Dev's forcing punishing Killer's for camping and forcing them to play the tedious "Run Around the Pallet" mechanic they love so much without giving us any real incentive to do so? You know like, oh I dunno, actually slowing down gen progress?

    In the Q&A they discussed this... 

    > No penalty while chasing surv
    > No penalty if another surv is within 16 meters

    So unless your going a different stat like hook camping using insidious then your good 👍
  • Wraff said:

    @Rebel_Raven said:
    Wraff said:

    Why are the Dev's forcing punishing Killer's for camping and forcing them to play the tedious "Run Around the Pallet" mechanic they love so much without giving us any real incentive to do so? You know like, oh I dunno, actually slowing down gen progress?

    I thought they were looking at the pallet game by making survivors have to run before they can quick vault?

    Having to run a little over 2 meters for a fast vault sounds like it would disrupt loopers to a degree.

    Do you have any reference to that or is it just a rumor?

    https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016638691--PC-PTB-Patch-notes-2-3-0

    Under balance changes. 
    People also talked a lot about it briefly.

  • I still dont why Killer's are being forced out of the play style.

  • @Wraff said:
    I still dont why Killer's are being forced out of the play style.

    Because BHV is a business. At any given point, 1 in 5 players is a survivor. BHV goal is to make money, and for that to happen the game needs to be FUN for as many players as possible. The general consensus among survivors is that being hard camped isn't fun. Not fun === not buying. Killers will ALWAYS get the short end of the stick because of this reason.