Botany Knowledge speed may be reversed
Just played a match against Oni using Botany and Self Care and was dismayed at the end game screen to see there was no healing speed perks or add ons being used by the killer AT ALL.
The bar not only was red (which shouldn't even be a thing, even if he had sloppy, first heal was with a brown medkit which should have been 133%, 113% with sloppy) meanwhile self care and botany was taking upwards of 20 seconds to heal. I didn't count the exact time, but it either is -33% heal speed OR isn't functioning at all and so self-care is still -50% speed.
Comments
Your post is confusing. You're saying that he had no healing debuffs and your bar was red right? It could be other things such you're healing with a medkit and it ran out of charges, so the Self-Care is used automatically and the bar turned red.
Normally, you put 1 charge per second into your bar, that's why it takes 16 charges/seconds
Healing with a Med-Kit + Botany Knowledge(33%) = ((33% from 1.0) -> 1.33 * 12) = 16 charges, 12 seconds to fully heal
Healing with Self-Care + Botany knowledge(33%) = ((33% from 0.5) ->0.66 * 24) = 16 charges, 24 seconds to fully heal
When calculating debuffs and buffs, first you apply the debuff(Self-Care debuff or any perk/add-on that makes your healing slower) and then you calculate the speed buff (like Botany, Desperate Measures, etc..) with that result.
I've played a bit more and in all honesty I admit I could be completely wrong. I could have simply been fooled by "red bar bad" as it had been a while since I had played using that build. Maybe in my head I was used to it being faster or something.