Ability to disable chat filter

I understand why the chat filter was put in place, but like a lot of chat filters this one is really dumb and censors things that have no business being censored.

I was in after game chat I was accused of tunneling when my Steam profile says I try not to. I replied back "They literally gave up and just stood there and let me kill them". With "kill them" coming out as the "#### ####" from the sensor. I then did it one letter at a time and the "m" at the end got censored. And then ""m"" got censored, not just the "m" but the quotes as well.

Not seeing the exact words of what was said won't stop you knowing people said bad things to you. This chat censor is just another "Hey, we're doing something!" smokescreen for a real problem the devs are not willing to try and deal with. It doesn't help, it doesn't work, and makes the problem worse by people feel free to say whatever they want because, hey it'll be censored! They'll never know what I really said!

So either give us the choice of having it on, you know, like the majority of other things that have a chat profanity censor in them, or just straight up remove it.

Comments