Trickster feedback: Improving Trickster as a 110% killer.

This is previous post that I have made in another thread. I am putting my suggestions in feedback thread.

Trickster problems:

  • Knife damage is too low, takes too many hits to down.
  • He spends too long in throwing form because it takes so many knives to down making him feel slower than intentional. The loss of movement speed in throwing mode makes main event very lackluster along with inability to choose when to activate it.
  • He has to use main event or lose it. Fomo - the idea of missing out on something
  • Every blade that is not the 8th blade has no impact - Sunken cost fallacy

Suggestions to Improve Trickster:

  • Reduce blade count from 8->6 needed to injure
  • Increase his movement speed from 92% in throw mode to 105% and remove slowdown from throwing knives consecutively
  • Remove the timer for activating main event. Main event can be activated by pressing secondary power when fully charged.
  • Remove Laceration decay timer, Laceration reduction on M1 and Laceration reset on other survivors when hooking a survivor.

Please fix his chaser emblem regarding emblem system. Many add-on need to be revised as many of them are ineffective or downright downgrades.

On Target Single,Lucky blade,Waiting For You Watch, Ripper Brace are add-on that deal with laceration delay mechanic and should be revised.

Iridescent Photocard and Death Throes Compilation are near straight downgrades to his power. Please remove drawbacks of these add-on if add-on are to be used.

Iridescent Photocard should deals 2 health states when a survivors Laceration meter is full. Current version forces you be an 110% M1 killer with expose status effect.

Death Throes Compilation starting Laceration of 50% is negative drawback base starting point to his power. Please change starting point to 100% with accumulation of 25% up to 200%.

Comments

  • Yeah, the iri addons are pretty bad.

  • @Danoobiel said:

    Yeah, the iri addons are pretty bad.

    No clue what they were thinking with those.

  • His Iridescent Photocard is actually a pretty neat buff.

    The Exposed status from this lasts a LONG time. I think it's until ALL lacerations have dropped off. You might not be able to down with it, but the Exposed from this is better than an injury. It doesn't give them a sprint boost, it negates Dead Hard and any other injury procced perks.

    You're likely playing him as a M1 anyway because his knives are so unreliable, so why not capitalise on it? Chase them and try to Expose them while you can, then come in for the M1 knockout without any risk of Dead Hard or letting them get an injury sprint.

    It's probably not quite good enough for a Pink add-on, but it's definitely a net gain.


    The rest are all very good points though.

  • @Seraphor said:

    His Iridescent Photocard is actually a pretty neat buff.

    The Exposed status from this lasts a LONG time. I think it's until ALL lacerations have dropped off. You might not be able to down with it, but the Exposed from this is better than an injury. It doesn't give them a sprint boost, it negates Dead Hard and any other injury procced perks.

    You're likely playing him as a M1 anyway because his knives are so unreliable, so why not capitalise on it? Chase them and try to Expose them while you can, then come in for the M1 knockout without any risk of Dead Hard or letting them get an injury sprint.

    It's probably not quite good enough for a Pink add-on, but it's definitely a net gain.

    The rest are all very good points though.

    I am not sure how being 110% M1 killer is suppose to be good. At best case scenerio, this is like 110% movement speed ghostface that needs to land knives instead of stalk. that is atrocious.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2064864#Comment_2064864

    I am not sure how being 110% M1 killer is suppose to be good. At best case scenerio, this is like 110% movement speed ghostface that needs to land knives instead of stalk. that is atrocious.

    ...did you read my post? Or did you mean to quote someone else?

    I'm saying that this "one thing" isn't as bad as you claimed. That doesn't mean everything else about him is great.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067407#Comment_2067407

    ...did you read my post? Or did you mean to quote someone else?

    I'm saying that this "one thing" isn't as bad as you claimed. That doesn't mean everything else about him is great.

    It makes knives unable to down you which taking away is only strength of being able to down survivors at loops in which you can throw over. granted it take twice as long as Deathslinger and Huntress but at least it works. I used this add-on in PTB, It makes you a 110% m1 killer with instant down. 110% m1 killers are.... really bad at loops regardless of instant down. I have no clue why you believe this add-on is good. Easily one of the top 5 worst Iri add-ons for killer.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2067842#Comment_2067842

    It makes knives unable to down you which taking away is only strength of being able to down survivors at loops in which you can throw over. granted it take twice as long as Deathslinger and Huntress but at least it works. I used this add-on in PTB, It makes you a 110% m1 killer with instant down. 110% m1 killers are.... really bad at loops regardless of instant down. I have no clue why you believe this add-on is good. Easily one of the top 5 worst Iri add-ons for killer.

    But when you injure a survivor:

    1. They get a sprint burst (which Trickster can't catch up to)
    2. They can use perks like Dead Hard, It's not Happening, etc.

    This negates all of that.

    Like I said, you're playing M1 anyway because Trickster's power sucks. You can't reliably down someone with knives, And doing so would take 16 knives in total. This only requires 8 knives in total (you don't need to worry about laceration drop off after those first 8) and one M1.

    It requires a certain strategy to pull off, but the very fact that you disable their sprint burst and dead hard is a huge bonus. That sprint burst when injuring, and any additional distance gained from Dead Hard, are both massive blows to the Trickster.

    Sure, it's no Iridescent Head, but then what is?

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2068989#Comment_2068989

    But when you injure a survivor:

    1. They get a sprint burst (which Trickster can't catch up to)
    2. They can use perks like Dead Hard, It's not Happening, etc.

    This negates all of that.

    Like I said, you're playing M1 anyway because Trickster's power sucks. You can't reliably down someone with knives, And doing so would take 16 knives in total. This only requires 8 knives in total (you don't need to worry about laceration drop off after those first 8) and one M1.

    It requires a certain strategy to pull off, but the very fact that you disable their sprint burst and dead hard is a huge bonus. That sprint burst when injuring, and any additional distance gained from Dead Hard, are both massive blows to the Trickster.

    Sure, it's no Iridescent Head, but then what is?

    I will never agree that a 110% M1 killer with or without instant down is good or even remotely strong. I thought this was common knowledge that 110% M1 is bad. I was wrong...

    I have no trouble hitting knives accurately when given opportunity to fire, a lot of players complain about recoil but you can easily move your mouse down to control recoil as you fire. I think recoil problem is console issue, they often get affected by recoil more severely and other aim intensive mechanics like Huntress, Nurse etc. you can reliably down people with knives, It is just not very rewarding.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069010#Comment_2069010

    I will never agree that a 110% M1 killer with or without instant down is good or even remotely strong. I thought this was common knowledge that 110% M1 is bad. I was wrong...

    I have no trouble hitting knives accurately when given opportunity to fire, a lot of players complain about recoil but you can easily move your mouse down to control recoil as you fire. I think recoil problem is console issue, they often get affected by recoil more severely and other aim intensive mechanics like Huntress, Nurse etc. you can reliably down people with knives, It is just not very rewarding.

    Your reading comprehension is failing again. Not once did I ever say 110% was good. Nowhere in my post did I even mention it. In fact I even said "all of your other points are good".

    It is possible to isolate different elements of something and address them individually.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2069085#Comment_2069085

    Your reading comprehension is failing again. Not once did I ever say 110% was good. Nowhere in my post did I even mention it. In fact I even said "all of your other points are good".

    It is possible to isolate different elements of something and address them individually.

    I am reading your post as "This add-on is good, Needs no changes" and I am explaining that this add-on is not good and does need changes if it is to be used. My proposed change allows add-on to deny dead hard and sprint bursts from health states without making the power worse.

    I could easily come up with better add-ons than what they create. All these laceration decay add-ons have no creativity and exclusively filler add-ons. They could easily be replaced with add-on that reduce fatigue duration after main event or add-on that make charging main event faster.

    Heck I would even consider working at Bvhr studio, too bad Cov-19 would make very difficult to get in at this time.