Should Off the Record get buffed?
Rarely do I find that Off the Record actually works; when you already have DS, you hopefully aren't getting chased much anyways. But now that DS is getting dunked into dog water, should Off the Record be buffed? What would that buff constitute, to make it more than a Walmart version of Iron Will and Lucky Break?
Comments
I think it should work in a radius around you, so nearby survivors on a generator or healing are hidden from Aura Reading as well.
Yes, but not by much. It’s only true purpose is to ensure your not the next spotted by BBQ, and to get a heal in and not be tunnelled by a Nurses Calling user.
Yes it should. I say make it 90 or 100 seconds.
Although it's really underrated.
I knew OtR would get more attention with the DS nerf.
Clearly it does not need a buff, everyone should just accept that all survivors running Off The Record and Babysitter for absolute stealth after being unhooked should become the new meta. /s
I'm not entirely sure if Off the Record needs a buff, or if the other meta perks just need nerfs... Off The Record might actually be popular if Iron Will capped at 75% noise reduction or something.
My best shot at buffing it would be that you don't make any footstep (and maybe falling) sounds for the duration. But it's kind of hard to buff this perk much in a way that makes sense and is worthwhile without tipping it over into being too good and filling the niches meant to be filled by other perks.
What about modifications to scratch marks?
It'd depend on the modification. No scratch marks would make it immediately meta and too strong. Making them cover a bigger or smaller area would be either an advantage or disadvantage at basically random times. Making them just harder to see would just be a headache for the killer, particular those with vision disabilities. So I don't know how you could modify them in a way that was fair and fun. Additionally getting rid of scratch marks is the purpose of Babysitter/Self-Preservation...
I thought about adding something like "half running," where you shuffle along pretty fast (maybe around 80% or 90% speed), but don't leave scratch marks. Then I remembered we have a finite amount of keys.
There’s already Self Preservation for that. If you were running both OtR and SP, and your Unhooker takes a hit, then you have a exceptionally good chance of disappearing on the killer.
Well self-preservation activates at a different time than OtR. Plus, I doubt the killer just blacks out when they hit my rescuer. Even a Blendette can be seen running behind a wall.
It’s 10 seconds of zero scratches, which is the most of any perk in the game (tied with Distortion).
If Killers can lose Survivors with the 3 seconds of stealth from Dance With Me and Deception. Imagine the options for 10 seconds. Especially when another teammate is making noises and leaving a trail.
It’s all about breaking LOS in jungle gyms, shack, main buildings and indoor maps. Once a Killer loses eyes on you, you’re completely gone
Not until I inevitably un-break LoS and the killer can see me in my glitzy disco ball outfit. No, I will change my clothes, fashion is more valuable than winning.
If your unhooker gets hit while they’re nearby/in range, Self Preservation will activate.
Yes I would much prefer to go against a buffed Off the Record than Decisive Strike. It should hide blood, scratch marks, survivor noises, any of their noise notifications (except for generators or healing others, but including if someone effs up a skill check while healing them), and their aura. There's just no reason to show any of it right off the hook.
Conversely the duration should be based on how far away the killer is. With a max of 112.5s if the killer is literally on the hook with them, down to 0s (no activation) at 128 meters... that would be 90s at 32m, 45s at 64m