Bluntly..the trickster is killer masochism

So I haven't had all the time in the world to study every addon and facet of him, however a few interactions with tiles and a few mechanics truly make this killer a punishment to play


1st: His speed, he's a 110 killer which supposedly means his power is beefy to the point of mastery of it being required to get good results, what we get is a killer that is slow, getting more slowed while pulling out knives, and slowed while throwing said knives , and it's all made slower still by the animation switching to the knives, its way too long and by the time you get your knives going claudette is around the corner of shack and has vaulted the window


2nd: knives, his knives feel like I'm throwing potatoes, the character has recoil for some reason (this isn't call of duty devs and that's not an lmg your firing )and it makes aiming with him an absolute chore with the unoptimized controls of dead by daylight, not a good mix, to top this off you need 8 knives, 8..knives..to deal 1 state of damage..absolutely absurd..his power is actively a handicap..this feels like the twins part 2, with a vengeance. The devs rubber gloved this to a point where I wonder how this guy made it past 1 test run.


3rd: He makes way too many passive noises, he's always either loudly breathing or giggling maniacly, cool..but it blocks out sounds that in many cases are CRUCIAL tools for the killer to do their task, so even the most basic tools are gimped by this killer


Look even though I wasn't jazzed about his appearance, his concept seemed legitimately interesting but once again the devs have fallen into their own self worrying and made a barely functional mess of a killer that won't be properly handled for months..I want this to be an example of why the devs need to try and avoid these situations..you can't possibly be profiting from killers nobody will play so make sure they do. Anyway..hope this helps in the efforts to polish this guy, he's clearly out of practice with those blades so tell him to hit the range , peace

Comments

  • @DickWarlock said:

    that was the real trick all along

    I see you are a stuntman. Do you do your own stunts?

  • Lucky for me I'm an uWu omega so sign me up.

    We all know he's bad, probably more so than you described, we'll just have to wait for a buff whenever they find time.

  • Yes a buff in appearance too would be appreciated. With the violence in the world by knife wielding individuals it would be better if Trickster did not look like a person you see on the Subway every day.


    Also I see I am jailed. Does anyone know why the admins do this? Is there a policy or guideline for doing this or are the admins just immature kids abusing their power?

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Lucky for me I'm an uWu omega so sign me up.

    We all know he's bad, probably more so than you described, we'll just have to wait for a buff whenever they find time.

    Yeah I didn't even get into his other ability lol

  • @stvnhthr said:

    I don't like him. He is not a monster or horror related, he just seems like a jerk or a d*ckhead, not a terror.

    I also have a soft spot for punk culture. He feels like a 1980's villain, just dress some one up like a punk and you know they are the bad guy. That is so lazy and culturally backwards.

    He feels like a dork auditioning to be in the Joker's gang to menace Batman. Seriously K-Pop, what about that music makes you think "Ooh, that is survival horror material."

    I have the theory that this killer's only reason to exist is to attract dumb k-pop stans who would blindly spend money in the game.

  • The good thing is I thing in few months no one will be using him after the initial novelty wears off.

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2060409#Comment_2060409

    I have the theory that this killer's only reason to exist is to attract dumb k-pop stans who would blindly spend money in the game.

    I'm a kpop stan. But I've been into DBD before Trickster was ever around and Pyramid Head is still my top babe.

    I like Trickster, not because he's a kpop idol, but because he's a crazy murderous human and not just another 'monster'. Also he is fun to play (other than the fact that he sucks). But maybe that's just cause I like range? Huntress was my main before Pyramid Head was added.

  • @LynnMoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2075693#Comment_2075693

    I'm a kpop stan. But I've been into DBD before Trickster was ever around and Pyramid Head is still my top babe.

    I like Trickster, not because he's a kpop idol, but because he's a crazy murderous human and not just another 'monster'. Also he is fun to play (other than the fact that he sucks). But maybe that's just cause I like range? Huntress was my main before Pyramid Head was added.

    I just hope you didn't buy the chapter with real money

1 2 ›