Are flashlight survivors the cringiest type of survivors there are in this game?

By flashlight survivors, I don't simply just mean a survivor who brings a flashlight, but more so how they use it.

Flashlight saves are absolutely not a problem and I give props to any survivors who at the very least attempt to do it, if not pull it off. But 90% of the survivors I encounter who use flashlights don't bring them to try and get saves but just to be obnoxious. Blinding you at every pallet even when it doesn't make sense to do so/they will lose distance by doing so, and/or just clicking their flashlight to taunt. I thought teabagging was cringey but holy scheisse this is even worse, because you know they think they're cool by doing it even though it's very obvious those are the types of people who peaked in primary school, if not before.

Comments

  • Yeah it's pretty annoying when they do that just to annoy you. Best bet is to try and ignore them which will frustrate them more.

  • Idk... There's something extra cringe about people who fail one skill check and feel the need to crouch walk to the other corner of the map and hide for 3 straight minutes.

  • @Zixology said:

    Idk... There's something extra cringe about people who fail one skill check and feel the need to crouch walk to the other corner of the map and hide for 3 straight minutes.

    Oh yea I forgot about these types of survivors. I don't encounter them often.

    Last time I encountered a survivor like this, they knew how to moonwalk but couldn't do Huntress Lullaby skillchecks. You can see where the priorities of them are.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I love survivors who blind me at pallets because I actually use a headset. Had a streamer once saying claiming that I was using Lightborn because I could hear his footsteps and pinpoint his direction after a blind at a pallet everytime.

    It depends for me. Since many people run Iron Will, it makes it even more difficult. Although about two days ago I had a match where I got blinded at a pallet and broke it against a survivor who was using Iron Will, and I managed to follow the footsteps and basically walk directly into her until the blind effect went away and got a hit. Was amazing

    @Rullisi said:

    Yeah it's pretty annoying when they do that just to annoy you. Best bet is to try and ignore them which will frustrate them more.

    Yea it's not obstructing or anything 90% of the time since it's not really effective or makes the game more difficult, but when trying to learn some new killers it can become particularly obnoxious. Like the last game I had I was trying to play Blight, got Haddonfield against a group who brought Balanced Landing, flashlights, and iron will, and were just blinding and taunting me the entire game and also teabagging. In total including with the update I've only played like 3 blight games.

    I particularly don't understand the cockiness from survivors like this because 90% of the time they bring in multiple second-chance perks because they suck without it. If you're going to be cocky at least have some skill but often these are the types of survivors who drop like flies when they don't have dead hard active.