Is it about time hexs got a rework? Never need to worry about totem spawns again
So Hexs... these are perks bound by a totem that can be completely destroyed which can happen very early game due to some of the totem spawns, while some maps have good spawns you can still learn where they spawn pretty easy or use perks/item to easy remove them early. While this is part of the risk the hex perks need to be worth it and recently so many of the hexs arent strong enough to warrant the risk of it (for example tricksters hex blocks windows when they vault, bamboozle has the same effect without being a hex) that's just one example but there are many other bad hexs, the solution?
MAKE HEXS STRONG WHILE TOTEM IS ACTIVE BUT WEAKER WHEN CLEANSED.
Examples:
Devour- while active you keep getting tokens, once cleansed you keep the first effect
Ruin-regress gens at 200% while active, 120% when destroyed
Lullaby- while active get stacks 25,50,75,100 (slight buff) when destroyed remain at a lower stack.
Cool down/range hexs- while active the cool down or range is bigger, once cleansed longer cool down and smaller range
Haunted- both totems can be cleansed at separate times, first totem is 45 seconds exposed, 2nd is 30 seconds exposed, exposed time cant stack (best case you get 75seconds, worst 45seconds)
Comments
I agree that the 'all or nothing' nature of Hexes really irritates me to the point that I don't bother running any most of the time, but a lot of this would be a little too strong.
I could see it working with some of them. Maybe Ruin could go down to 80% regression after being cleansed. Maybe NOED could keep the speed buff but lose the Exposed. And it's a decent concept for some future Hex perks. But I don't really think it would work on the rest.
And how would Haunted work with this AND Undying? Would you get 4 uses out of it?
maybe not all of the hexs will have this
I agree the numbers etc. Will need to be looked at that's for sure but I'm like you and hardly use any hexs as they just arent with the risk. I did give a haunted example but once again just an idea but has some risk some reward plus haunted is a hex you want cleansed so it's not as bad as the others
Nah. Most hex totems are meant to be so strong that survivors feel compelled to stop what they're doing and find the totem at all costs. The risk-reward is inherent to their design and part of the perk is the stoppage of other actions to prioritize running around the map looking for them. The only issue I currently can sympathize with concerning totems is the unlucky placement of them at times. But, again, that is unfortunately part of the risky business of bringing totem perks into the game.
But most hexs arent strong and dont warrant the use... like seriously half the hexs arent worth the hex status, I wouldn't mind if they was worth and totems didn't spawn next to gens but god damn there are about 2/3 somewhat decent hexs out of 10? 12? I dont even know half of them they're that bad but I can remember every other perk.