Is hit validation even on?

Hello,

I have fair ping ~50ms to the servers, but for some reason, there are killers that are able to hit me during times they clearly should not have been able to just because they are on like a thousand ping. It's weird because it isn't even clientside; when I play with my friends THEY see the stuff too and it also happens to them. I just started playing again after a while and last I remember, they were having problems with hit validation but now it is on? So... is it on and just bad or is it just off.

Thanks.

Comments

  • It's on, it's just playing a different match than you.


    (jokes aside, the hitboxes are a complete mess)

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    It's on, it's just playing a different match than you.

    (jokes aside, the hitboxes are a complete mess)

    Awe that's unfortunate. I really thought they were fixing the problems. Other than lag switchers I honestly think the P2P version of DBD actually worked better than what's going on right now. We'll see what happens I suppose lol

  • It only works to just screw over the killer, and it's done that to me three times as killer at the most stupidest of moments. When I play survivor, never works at all.

  • It's on and it's 10 times better than it was a year ago, but it does still have problems. I was just recently chainsawed by a Bubba from the other side of a rock in Ormond so I can't really defend it.

    If you were hit right when you were dropping a pallet that has nothing to do with hit validation, that's how the combination of ping and hitboxes work and can't be fixed so try to not drop pallets if the killer is swinging.

  • I dunno, hatchets still hit me from a mile off, and Victor still hits me no matter how far to the side I try and run:

    https://i.imgur.com/vatAiqk.gif


    Deathslinger shoots me through walls, most of the M1 hits are not too terrible but ability hits are still as terrible as ever.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I dunno, hatchets still hit me from a mile off, and Victor still hits me no matter how far to the side I try and run:

    https://i.imgur.com/vatAiqk.gif

    Deathslinger shoots me through walls, most of the M1 hits are not too terrible but ability hits are still as terrible as ever.

    YIKES! I seem to have all of that and the occasional M1 from a mile away. I think the most BS hits are when I throw the pallet, it completely lands, the killer swings, and I get hit, and THEN the killer gets stunned way after the pallet is down but it's strange because my latency to the server is good and the server registered it and my friends saw it from behind lol.

    I can see how it would be bad as a killer but realistically I don't think any other game rewards you for having huge ping, if all of the survivors have good ping to the server and the killer just has horrid ping then the pattern I tend to see is less favorable for this type of game and is generally unfair, I also play killer and I haven't seen any hits being taken away.

    The problem is that for the survivor they have ping to the server, but the hits are registered on the killer's side. As a survivor, if you have 40ms ping to the server and the killer has 120+ms, any hits that the "hit validation" deems ok will go ahead and pass through even if it's clear that they shouldn't hit on the survivor's side. This is why VPNs are a problem on DBD PC sometimes. A fix would require actually good hit validation or a rewrite to make the servers 100% responsible for registering all hits. Both seem quite unlikely as the devs appear to like spending time on new graphics and DLC rather than fixing their game when a killer has a ping.

    Am I complaining? mayhaps.

    TLDR; servers brokie