The 3 and 3 Rule

Just something I've noticed...

If you have 3 survivors left and 3 or more gens, you have pretty won the game as Killer. From what I've observed, the game is pretty much over at this point.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I remember escaping this one Trapper at 2 Generators left, and i repaired both using good ol' stealth.

    He was being paranoid about me going for the Hatch, so it gave me the chance to repair those 2. (Not like he was hanging around the Hatch the whole time, but he's right to be paranoid about it: I could've tried jumping in, i just never did.)

    And once i got those 2 Generators repaired, there were now 3 exits available to me.

    It's not over until it's over.

  • @Boss said:

    I remember escaping this one Trapper at 2 Generators left, and i repaired both using good ol' stealth.

    He was being paranoid about me going for the Hatch, so it gave me the chance to repair those 2. (Not like he was hanging around the Hatch the whole time, but he's right to be paranoid about it: I could've tried jumping in, i just never did.)

    And once i got those 2 Generators repaired, there were now 3 exits available to me.

    It's not over until it's over.

    I think the 3 and 3 rules holds true for most matches, but there will be outlier matches where it doesn't hold true but it's rare.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2057352#Comment_2057352

    I think the 3 and 3 rules holds true for most matches, but there will be outlier matches where it doesn't hold true but it's rare.

    3 and 2 rule holds true for most matches, too. 2 gens with one dead is really hard when you have no significant progress and the killer knows what hes doing.

  • @TicTac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2059110#Comment_2059110

    3 and 2 rule holds true for most matches, too. 2 gens with one dead is really hard when you have no significant progress and the killer knows what hes doing.

    I actually agree with this if there is no significant progression on any gens. If Ruin is up, you pretty much don't have a chance at this point.

  • I'll agree with this, although it's not a universal rule.

    When playing by the Survivor Ruleboook (TM) against good teams, I generally expect that the first 2-3 gens are gonna pop quickly and that if I have hooked every survivor and secured my first kill while there's still 2-3 gens left I'm on a comfortable path to victory.

    New killers always come here to complain about how they lose multiple gens before their first hook as they fail to realise that's somewhat normal in a game where the killer gets more powerful over time.

    That said, both roles can make a comeback, but especially killer. For all the games where I get a 4k with 4-5 gens left I'll occasionally have a match where I kill all 4 survivors after the last gen has popped.

  • @Boss said:

    I remember escaping this one Trapper at 2 Generators left, and i repaired both using good ol' stealth.

    He was being paranoid about me going for the Hatch, so it gave me the chance to repair those 2. (Not like he was hanging around the Hatch the whole time, but he's right to be paranoid about it: I could've tried jumping in, i just never did.)

    And once i got those 2 Generators repaired, there were now 3 exits available to me.

    It's not over until it's over.

    I remember that one time when Hatch grab was a thing.

    Only me left with Wraith in AutoHeaven. He just stand at the hatch while being visible (he was afraid I jump in and he could not uncloak in time).

    I did a whole Gen and had 2 Gates powered, now he's afraided I went to Gates so he leaved the hatch. I jump the hatch.

  • But...I think, unless the survivors are really bad at it, two (or at least one) generators should have already been repaired by the time the first survivor is hung from the hook.