Daily Ritual generated is survivor or killer based on time of day?

Is the Daily Ritual that is generated for me done so based on the current need at time of generation or is it completely random?

1) When I log in during the day and survivor queues are fast (more killers / less survivors), I get a daily ritual for a survivor.

2) When I log in at night after work and survivor queues are long (less killers / more survivors), I get a daily ritual for a killer.

This is of course anecdotal. I checked the Wiki and didn't find this information. The best answer to my question was a 4-year old Reddit post. Does anyone have anything more recent?

Daily Rituals are side-objectives available to Players in Dead by Daylight . 1 Overview 2 Daily Rituals 2.1 Survivor Rituals 2.2 Killer Rituals 3 Trivia 4 Gallery Daily Rituals can be completed by both Survivors and Killers in return for Bloodpoints when completed.Daily Rituals cannot be completed during private matches (Kill Your Friends). A new Daily Rituals is generated every day, up to a maximum of 3 active at the same time.Additionally, the Player may remove one Daily Rituals per day (UTC),
34 votes and 11 comments so far on Reddit


Comments

  • The devs said in last years anniversary stream that daily rituals are unintentionally more killer sided than survivor sided. They never really explained in more detail or changed anything (besides some tweaks for specific daily’s like GFs or sabotage and BO rewards being minimum 30K)


    i never heard them talk about or confirm your claim however..

  • @Mooks said:

    The devs said in last years anniversary stream that daily rituals are unintentionally more killer sided than survivor sided. They never really explained in more detail or changed anything (besides some tweaks for specific daily’s like GFs or sabotage and BO rewards being minimum 30K)

    i never heard them talk about or confirm your claim however..

    Thanks. I might not have been playing during that, so I didn't know.

    I play both sides, but it would be cool to time survivor ones for when I group with friends, if possible.

    Also, great name. That's my cat's name. 😄