Build Ideas: Pig edition

I've been thinking about making a post where I list off build ideas or advice for certain killers, and I've finally decided to start it off with Piggy. She's one of my favorite killers so I hope the builds I give are solid. (Builds with Italicized titles are builds that I use frequently and do recommend)

Slugging Piggy

Addons: Face Mask, Crate of Gears
Perks: Knock Out, Deerstalker, Nurse's Calling, Infectious Fright

This build is pretty straightforward. Down someone, put a trap on them, and unless they're in an SWF, watch the other survivors struggle to pick them up. Crate of Gears makes this a little quicker, Mask obviously helps keep the slug from telling their teammates where they are. The perks should be pretty obvious, but just so we're all on the same page, Knock Out makes sure the slugged survivor doesn't get found, Deerstalker and Nurse's keep an eye on them, and Infectious Fright lets me know when I need to play a little more aggressively and get multiple survivors on the ground. I don't recommend this build if you want to win, but it is fun to play around with.


Gen-Grab Piggy

Addons: Amanda's Letter, Combat Straps
Perks: Surveillance, Discordance, Hex: Ruin, Hex: Undying
Optional: Offering for Lery's or Hawkins

The idea behind this build is to yoink survivors off of their objective. Letter is a must here, since you are going to be relying on your crouch and your ambush, not your traps. Straps makes crouching and uncrouching much smoother. As for the perks, Discordance lets you know whether you need to go for a single grab or if you want to spread the love and instead scare the survivors off the gen. Surveillance and Ruin let you keep an all-seeing eye on the gens, and Undying preserves this for as long as possible.


Amanda's Game

Addons: Jigsaw's Sketch, Tampered Timer
Perks: Corrupt Intervention, Blood Echoes, Hex: Haunted Grounds, Franklin's Demise

This build is one of my favorites because it doesn't give the trapped survivor enough time for anything except removing RBTs, and punishes them as much as possible while they run frantically around the map. Corrupt Intervention is just purely a good perk on The Pig, and it gives me more time to get a down. Blood Echoes is probably the most interchangeable since the reason it's here is because it's supposed to effect the survivor after they get their trap off, but that doesn't happen all that much. You can use a perk of your choice instead. Haunted Grounds is a big gamble because it relies on the psychological effect. The survivor sees the totem, they go "oh crap I need to cleanse that" but they can't since they have the trap on. (But if they do cleanse? Headpop.) They come back to the totem later on, dooming their team. The idea is that they aren't going to think it all the way through when they're in a rush to keep their head in one piece. Lastly, Franklin's Demise pretty much eliminates items from the equation because the survivor doesn't have time to go get whatever Franklin's makes them drop. But if they do anyway? Headpop. While this build is heavily RNG dependent, I nearly always manage to get a trap kill or two with it. TL;DR: this exists to make the lives of one or two of the survivors hell.

So that's it for this edition of build ideas. If you have any other builds for Pig or feedback on my suggested builds, please share them!

Comments

  • I believe crate of gears + timer is strictly better than sketch + timer. Sketch gives them time to search 4 boxes so it’s roughly a 20% chance of death. Crate of gears gives them time to search 3 boxes so roughly a 25% chance of death. In addition to the tiny amount of time saved when applying the trap as well as having less boxes to patrol if multiple traps are active.

    Pig I usually do: Crate of gears, timer. Corrupt pop, endfury, indoor map offering. Simple but effective.

  • @SilentPill said:

    I believe crate of gears + timer is strictly better than sketch + timer. Sketch gives them time to search 4 boxes so it’s roughly a 20% chance of death. Crate of gears gives them time to search 3 boxes so roughly a 25% chance of death. In addition to the tiny amount of time saved when applying the trap as well as having less boxes to patrol if multiple traps are active.

    Pig I usually do: Crate of gears, timer. Corrupt pop, endfury, indoor map offering. Simple but effective.

    thanks for the advice, I will definitely try this. I only prefer sketch because it forces the survivor to run around more.