My Life As a Red Rank Killer: 50 Wraith Games

Hello my fellow Dead by Daylight enthusiasts. This is a follow up to my recent post giving some data from 25 Wraith games I played as a red rank killer. Those 25 games were played on a weekday. The next 25 were played on a weekend. I wanted a mix to account for the possibility of a larger pool of survivors giving me more balanced match making, presumably better on the weekend. I also wanted to have a decent amount of games played to give a good average. This post is the data combined from those 50 games. I did not do a full comparison between the weekday and weekend games, but I did add some notes in the first post, which can be found here.

@Red_Beard said:

Update: I completed 25 more games this weekend in red rank. I'm not going to go into everything as I am planning a separate post with all of the data combined but I'll give a few numbers. I killed 79 of the 100 survivors for a kill percentage of 79%. I pipped a total of 21 times in the 25 games. That is 79.5% over 50 games and 45 pip points in playing as a red rank killer.

The games felt harder over the weekend and it was easier to get behind. My hypothesis is that more people are playing giving me a more skilled survivor pool to match me against. I had to be more aggressive at tunneling someone out and do a little hook/slug camping to try and achieve my goal of killing everyone. Sometimes that was enough to come back, sometimes it wasn't.

Original Post

Just a little about my experience, I purchased DBD in December of 2017. I have 1587 hours played on PC. I do not know my exact breakdown of killer/survivor played but I am guessing it leans a little more on the killer side, but not by a whole lot. I like to play most of the killers, but I am not great at a lot of them.

I started at Rank 2, 1 pip away from Rank 1. I played 26 games but I had a DC in one of the games so I did not include the data from that game in the numbers.

During this little experiment, my goal was to kill all survivors, but also try to get as many hooks as possible. I did not intend to aggressively camp, tunnel or slug but I also used those tactics when I was behind and felt that was my best option to achieve my goals. I also did not slug for the 4k unless I had vision of the last survivor, though that only happened a few times.

I only used blood point offerings and my add-ons for every game were Green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. My build was always Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ.

So let's see some numbers.

I earned 702,220 in-game blood points for an average of 28,089 points per match. Survivors earned a total of 1,603,817 in-game blood points for an average of 16,038 points per survivor, per match. I didn't record my post game blood points.

Survivor Ranks

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KGWBC2TEBXYA/ranks-png.png

For my region (I'm in the Midwest), the later at night it seemed the survivors I faced were more mixed. The largest rank disparity I went against was a rank 16. They had a full build and didn't play like someone new though so I think they were either on a new account or just hadn't played in a while. Other than that, the next biggest disparity was rank 12. A few of the teams it felt very easy, but for the most part, I felt I needed to put in effort to achieve my goals.

Kills are as follows.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JD0OJ5Q79TAX/kills-png.png

I killed 80 survivors for a kill rate of 3.2 or 80%. Survivors escaped 20 times for an escape rate of .8 or 20%. There was 1 hatch escape without a key 1 time or 4% of the matches had a survivor escape through the hatch. There were 0 key escapes.

Pips are as follows.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GP3V9JO8FBCP/pips-png.png

That is a total of 24 pip points in the 25 matches.

Some of the more talked about perks were brought as follows.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/I4GJ74BNQ552/perk-numbers-png.png

The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 6 times for a survivor build rate of 6%. They were all in separate matches or 24% of my matches had a DS/UB build in them. I ate a DS 4 times. Survivors activated Dead Hard more times than I could keep track of and I don't record my games. I actually think I dislike Lithe more than the other exhaustion perks just because when they use it there are obstacles I have to get around to continue chase giving them more distance. That is not me saying to nerf Lithe.

Items were brought as follows.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LUYT4WK3G1VG/toolboxes-png.png

There was 1 BNP brought.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RRVUKZBH8WTB/medkits-png.png

There was 1 Styptic and 1 Syringe brought.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/TB2T107YD27X/flashlights-png.png

I ate 5 flashlight saves with many more attempted.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QYKG2D21M9PC/keys-png.png

That's 16% of my matches had a key.

Most of the offerings were blood points offerings at 60 total, 24 of which were mine. There were 4 map offerings played or 16% of my matches had a map offering. There were 2 Dead Dawg, 1 MacMillen's and 1 Lampkin Lane. The other offerings were insignificant in my opinion so I won't bother posting them.

There was 1 GGEZ comment in end game or 4% of my end game chats had a "toxic" survivor comment. Most end games there was no comment.

That's all the information I can reliably post as fact from my 25 games that I find relevant. The matches were played yesterday, a weekday. If real life permits, I may try this again on the weekend to see if it feels much different.

For fun:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GK3AXH7YTXZH/loss-game-png.png

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PS26327X31KK/win-game-png.png

An update to my hours played at the end of this experiment I now sit at 1605 hours played. I also play survivor, I believe only slightly less than killer, but I do not keep track.

I started the experiment at Rank 2, 4 pips in. I ended at Rank 1. The lowest I dropped while completing this was Rank 2, 3 pips. I played no other killer games during this experiment.

My goal through the whole thing was to play to win. This meant kill as many survivors as I could first and foremost, but also play get as many hooks as I could if I didn't think it would cost me the win. I didn't go into the games planning to aggressively camp, tunnel and slug. That said, if I felt I was getting behind, I used those tactics if I felt it was my best option to win. There were definitely a number of games I did have to tunnel. I also noted 2 games I played were I decided to hard camp a hooked and slugged survivor. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel when I got down to 2 or 3 gens with 4 survivors alive. Sometimes I decided to hard tunnel at 4 gens because I could tell by how the chases were going I wasn't going to win otherwise.

I also decided not to slug for the 4k unless I could see the last survivor even though this was counter productive to the goal of killing everyone. This was because I was also somewhat curious how many people could beat me to the hatch. There were some games I could see the last survivor and still did not slug because I was confident I would be able to get them before they got to the hatch.

I never gave up trying to achieve the goal. If the gens got down and the gate was open, I still tried to kill everyone I could. I also did not dodge any of the lobbies.

I used the same perk build for all the games which was Corrupt, Pop, Whispers, and BBQ. I used the same add-ons for the first 40 games which were green Swift Hunt and Green Windstorm. I used purple Swift Hunt and purple Windstorm the final 10 games because I ran out of green ones.

I had five disconnects while playing. I didn't count the data from two of the games because the disconnects happened early on, so I played two extra games. I did count the data for three of the games because the survivors disconnected on death hook.

Now that I've bored you with a lot of background information, let's get into some numbers.

Blood Points

I earned a total of 1,409,722 in game blood points for an average of 28,194 per match. Survivors earned a total of 3,237160 in game blood points for an average per survivor, per match of 16,186. I did not record post game points for killer.

Survivor Ranks

I decided to break the teams down into three groups; all red rank, three red rank and 1 non-red rank, and mixed. And so I do not repeat a bunch of information put those into a table with kills and pips.

image.png

Kills Overall

image.png

I had a total of 159 kills of a possible 200 for a kill rate of 3.2 or 79.5%.

Of the 41 escapes, six were by hatch. Four of the hatch escapes were from the survivor finding the hatch first. Two of the hatch escapes happened in one match from a plundered key. That is 15% of the escapes being through the hatch.

Pips

image.png

That is a total of 45 pip points earned during the 50 matches.

More Frequently Discussed Perks

image.png

The dreaded DS/UB combo was brought 14 times or was in 7% of survivor builds.

I was stunned by a decisive strike 10 times or 17% of survivors that brought it got to use it.

Four of the OoOs were in one match. I was only able to secure one kill and I depipped.

Survivors activated Dead Hard too many times for me to count and I don't record my games.

Items

image.png

There were four BNPs brought in the 50 matches.

image.png

There were two styptics and three syringes brought in 50 matches.

image.png

I was stunned by a flashlight save six times with many more attempted.

image.png

There was a key that could open hatch brought in 8% of the matches. None of the keys brought were used to open the hatch.

There were three pink maps and no other maps brought in all the matches.

Offerings

I only brought blood point offerings. While there were a lot of different offerings brought, the most talked about ones are map offerings. For map offerings, two were Haddonfield, two were Dead Dawg, one was Hawkins, one was Cold Wind Farm and one was Macmillen's. That is 14% of the matches had a map offering.

My Thoughts

For killers that I feel competent with using their power, this feels pretty normal for me playing in red ranks. Even with full red rank teams, I performed a little worse but still am managing to kill more than 50% of survivors.

Of course, killers I am out of practice with, or never really learned I do worse with because I'm not that good with them.

In the 50 matches, there were only four games that I felt I had no chance of winning. But that isn't because of the balance of the game or the perks the survivors brought, it was because those survivors were just way better than me. I have I'm guessing roughly 900 hours playing killer. I am at the top rank. Included in that rank are people that may have 5000 hours in just playing killer. It is the same on the survivor side. If I get matched against those survivors with so many hours that know how to play against every killer, of course I am going to get stomped, no matter what perks they have, because I am not of equal skill as them even though we are both at the top rank level. And if ranking was such that it more accurately reflected skill level of the game, I wouldn't be a red rank killer, and I can accept that.

As for the toxic experience, there was only one game that in end game chat I got a GGEZ. Yeah, throwing a little salt, but not terrible. I have had some people say some terrible things, but it is very, very rare that I see this happen. Sure there was a lot of tea bagging and flash light clicking. But I killed most of them so I win.

Overall, I find playing killer at red ranks to be mostly easy and enjoyable when I'm playing killers I'm competent with. Definitely easier, in my opinion, than playing solo survivor.

image.png

If you have request for additional information, let me know. I'll try to get if for you if I have the data.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Have any Survivors told you that they can see you because of your fire-y cosmetic?

    Some Survivors told me that in the aftergame chat, just want to make sure.

  • @Boss said:

    Have any Survivors told you that they can see you because of your fire-y cosmetic?

    Some Survivors told me that in the aftergame chat, just want to make sure.

    Nope, I have not had anyone tell me that. I’ll have to ask if I remember.

  • I absolutely love your stat posts, it just gives a nice objective view of how games overall are and I thank you for putting so much effort into it <3

    May I ask if you have plans to do something like this again?

  • @Shenshen said:

    I absolutely love your stat posts, it just gives a nice objective view of how games overall are and I thank you for putting so much effort into it <3

    May I ask if you have plans to do something like this again?

    Thanks for the feedback. I do not have anything planned. Never say never though.