How do you think the killer performance stats (kills/escapes) should be tracked?
I had two matches back-to-back as Trapper (at red ranks) that played out very similarly, but ended differently.
- I was gen-rushed (3 gens done at my 1st survivor hooked; the other 2 done at my 2nd), the survivors stuck around to farm, and their over-altruism led them to underestimate my Save the Best for Last perk. The macth ended with me having 8 hooks and 2 sacrifices.
- I was gen-rushed (3 gens done at my 1st survivor hooked; the other 2 done at my 2nd), the survivors opened the exit gates, and escaped shortly after. The match ended with me having 2 hooks and 0 sacrifices.
Now, what does the telemetry that was collected show? Does it show Trapper getting stomped both times, or only the second time?
----
I think the devs need to look at whose favor the match is in throughout the match, not just at the very end. How many hooks does the killer have when 3 gens are completed? 4? 5? Exits opened? Match is over?
At the very least, they should look at the 5-gen mark; it's more telling than end-of-match.
Comments
It shows a 4k and a 0k. This is why kills as a balance stats are useless since survivors get a pip escape or not. This makes them willing to do stupid things to save.
I think that to get a better overview of the general Killer vs Survivor balance, instead of looking at kill rates they should look at escape rates for survivors depending on MMR and team. If I worked at BHVR, the statistic that I would gather would be based on how likely a particular survivor is to escape. First, I would divide into two groups, the matches that are played solo and the ones that played with friends. Second, when MMR is implemented, what is the escape rate of a high caliber survivor compared to a low caliber one? I think that this would give us a better understanding of the situation of the game.