This games matchmaking and rank system needs an overhaul, so i like how MMR is being tested

I have 1100 hours and its split 50/50 but usually I stick to the killers I already enjoy and main. Here's some progress on the achievements for killers I don't play

In public matches, with The Cannibal, successfully chainsaw a total of 100 times.

94 / 100

In public matches, throw 1000 Hatchets.

788 / 1,000

In public matches with The Oni, down 75 Survivors during Blood Fury.

 36 / 75

so imagen i go into a game where i am playing some Oni and I get a good SWF that's decent about my I just M1 all game if i want to win now imagen i am now not a 1000 hour player but a 300 hour player on a new killer and there's an issue and having a MMR related to certain killers may help.

I don't think that they even need to be on a new killer to have issues if they haven't learnt how to deal with certain tiles and they cant run them then they will just get rolled.

That's a problem the game has and i do appreciate behaviour experimenting with MMR even if I would like some changes to it, eg have a visible system and the Drowsy twins video showing how it still needs work. I know people say that DBD is not a competitive game ect but I don't think it justifies the current system that really just throws newer players into lobbies that are just too difficult for them and they wont be able to even compare to some of the players they may be against. I dont want to sound pretentious but i think this is why we see a lot of players (who are normally killers) complain about things that are not major issue or I may think are not hard to deal with or how they think that killers can just be toyed with easily, they cant normally gens are fast sometimes but that's about it. Eg Normally when I see 4 survivors charge at me to try and bully I think, WOOOOO YEEEEEAAA BABY because there not on gens at the start of the game but i can understand how in other games against another player they may just hate the game they are gonna get.

It may need time but im willing to be patient with Behaviour on this and I just wanted to to say this because I feel like a lot of people get dismissive with the idea of a new matchmaking system but I think most the games issues come from matchmaking so i just wanted to post this to say that we should give behaviour time with this and see where it goes and not be as massively dismissive of the idea as i tend to see a lot of players especially older players scoff at the idea of MMR in DBD but it could be healthy for the game and especially newer players if done right. Honestly i think a lot of players on both sides are dismissive of any matchmaking changes because they are use to playing against players so much worse off then them but that may be a bit of a hot take.

Comments

  • I played swf with 2 friends today and last night. We must have played for a total of 5 hours. Since I haven't logged on to accept my derankings my survivor is still 9. They were 15 and 17. We each have like 1k hours.

    Every single killer we got was a rank 15-20 and completely new. I felt bad for them.