How to turn as Oni?
Could any of you please share your tips how to play the Oni? I'm having a REALLY hard time taking any turns while in power and I'd really like to get the 4 downs needed for the archive challenge done. I've never really played him much, maybe only 5 or so matches total... But I've seen him played really well, zig-zagging in loops and idk how they do this?
It is getting super frustrating. Any good guides out there? Thanks
Comments
Did you know that you can still strafe left and right while charging?
Other than that, running around a corner is one of the best ways to dodge him (just like a rushing Blight), so you're best to go for survivors in the open.
If you are on PC it is a combination of pressing either A or D at the same time that you angle your mouse to strafe.
Thanks for the tips, I'm using A and D to strafe but still running into walls like a dumbass :D
Also when running, if you run past a survivor who's next to you, hit the attack button and it unlocks the turning restriction, so you can usually hit people who are at a 90* angle to you. As the Oni raises his weapon, then you would turn the camera
Learning this helped a ton because I know I don't have to run straight at survivors any more, I can be off by a little bit and still get hits
Thank you so much for this! I will test that out ingame, but it truly seems to be the missing puzzle piece :)