All I Do Is Hide. All I Do Is Kill.
Please note all of this is hypothetical. I'm asking these questions to see what others think of the matter.
As Survivor,
All I Do Is Hide, I never unhook other survivors or complete generators. I do not dare approach a hook due to a fear of it leading to being killed due to camping. I never touch a generator because the killer will approach the generator, see it's progress, and subsequently investigate the area. I hide, because that is my goal as a survivor, to survive as long as possible. I hide, even if nobody else is making any progress, to survive even just a few minutes longer. Am I a griefer because of this, if that is my chosen strategy at survival? Is such a tactic considered refusal to play the game in a logical manner or "unsportsmanlike?" Is such an act designated as a bannable offense? Others blame me for their ultimate failure of dying because I choose to not risk my life to repair a generator. To them, I ask, I do not remember being obligated to help you in absolutely any way. I do not remember seeing anything in the terms, conditions, and bannable offenses that I [u]have[/u] to repair generators or to unhook people.
As Killer,
All I do is kill. I never stray more than twenty four meters from a hooked survivor. I will do absolutely everything in my power to ensure that person meets a [u]swift[/u] death with [u]no chance[/u] of escape. The only option I am given to kill is through a sacrificial hook, being extremely ineffective at killing, forcing me to camp in order to have the person killed. Any person who tries to save them simply gets downed, and the saved person goes back on the hook until they cannot be taken off of it again, then I proceed to the next person I choose to kill. This is my goal as a killer, to kill a person as fast as possible, then kill another person as fast as possible. Am I a griefer because of this, if that is my chosen strategy at killing? Is such a tactic considered refusal to play the game in a logical manner or "unsportsmanlike?" Why is it that others 'not having fun' is more important that my fun? Why should I even care about your 'fun'? Why should others feel I HAVE to orient my play-style around the fact that they [u]"deserve"[/u] another chance at not being killed?
So, given this account, how would you respond? If I make the decision to not repair generators, and just hide as my strategy to survive, why do some people say this unsportsmanlike or bannable? If all I do is camp, tunnel, and slug in order to kill, why do some people say this unsportsmanlike or bannable?
Comments
If you did that as a survivor at rank 20, I'd understand because that's exactly what I did when I first played. I crouched around for most of the rounds and the crows visited me a few times, then death. I get it. After rank 20, I would think you're trolling and. ehh, I wouldn't take it personally because even I still do stupid things like that once in a while. I might meme with you too.
If you camped as a killer, so what? I do it sometimes and it can be fun, especially if that Dwight did me wrong the last round! The way I see it is that camping is a learning experience for the killer and survivor. Sometimes it's challenging for a killer to secure that camp. And of course, it's challenging for survivors to try to rescue. They have to learn, somehow, when to cut their losses, do gens and bounce, than give up their lives to foolish altruistic saves.