Left Behind. The Anxiety Perk?
So this isn't so much as serious mechanical discussion so much as a humorous personal anecdote that, as many do, came to me in the shower, but LB is a perk I have always kept in my Survivor build, especially my Solo Queue because I can't bring myself not to plan for the eventuality that I might be the last one standing and I need that emergency exit. Like one of those "What If?" Or appropriately "Better to have it and and not need it than need it and not have it" things. Anyone else?
Comments
I prefer perks that helps me during the game, because escaping isn't my primary goal. Escaping is a bonus.
My goal is getting involved as much as possible. Doing saves, generators, being chased... Then, if I can, escaping.
Also, I too often see the hatch before the genetors are all done. I'm the idiot who often run into it while chased. 😹
If we are only two left and I see the hatch, I do my possible to get the Killer as away as possible from it, so my teammate can get it in time.
Oh I keep Prove Thyself, and Kindred equipped as well, I try my best to be a good teammate, but I just like having LB in my back pocket in case things go south.
My current build is PT, LB, Kindred, and Resilience. I find it to be a fairly well rounded build that allows me to contribute to most situations. It doesn't *always* pay off, but it has definitely saved my ass more than a few times.
Do you feel you could use something more useful? I played with my baby P2 level 20 Steve today, and I had only two perks equipped. And I had a lot of fun.
If you feel two or three perks are enough during the match, why not running it. I've done the "no perks" challenge and it was fun.
But I don't think people run LB. I saw it once in 800 hours of DBD (since October 2020). Outside of me doing adept on Bill. It was a Jane who had to escape through the hatch for a tome challenge.
You can look for the hatch before the game is done. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it's like when there is one generator left with four alives, it spawns. Or using a map—but well, bringing one each time can be hard if you don't have 5k of them. 😹
I actually like the thrill of listening for the hatch and trying to find it blind as opposed to the aura. It's a good perk though and its handy for Bill daily's.