10 Games of Survivor with MMR
These are ten games I played as survivor with the current MMR. I used the same build throughout and the same character (Yui), my perks are in bold for each game. Shifted between Rank 5 and 4 throughout the experiment. This was on EU servers between 19:30PM and 23:00PM GMT, queue times were around 4-5 mins each. Also when I mention the skill in some of the extra notes, i'm referring to what I believe the killer's skill to be and what rank bracket I feel they should be at. I have 3,000+ hours across both PS4 and PC so I feel I have a pretty decent understanding of skill level


Comments
So the "best" killer here was the rank 1 trapper who created pressure by non stop slugging survivors.
And the second "best" was the one with a dedicated basement camp build to make it harder to get off hooks
Love the detailed notes!
I like how you kept this very factual and didn't show bias to your thoughts on MMR; just showing the data.
On balance, it appears like overall it's okay. Do you feel it's balanced better than the current ranking system?
I think I prefer the current ranking system that's in-game at the moment. Sure, you can get red ranks who are boosted and play terribly, but I feel the current system is more consistent with similarly skilled teammates and killers. With this MMR system currently active, as you can probably tell from the extra notes I left, I experienced a bunch more tunnelling and camping than I do with the current system and I believe if this was a consistent occurrence it wouldn't be too enjoyable from the survivor side. The skill level of other players in my games seemed to be constantly up and down with not much consistency.
I need to play some killer games too, i'm planning on playing 10 games with Blight (my main) to see how the survivors play, and another 10 games of killers who I don't play too often to see if there's any notable differences but i'll probably do that in the morning.
That's nice to know, and also again I appreciate the evidence-based approach you're taking. Best of luck out there! :)
It sounds like they haven't made any changes to the MMR. Sounds like it still matches by how many kills a killer gets, which is easy via noed/slugging and tunneling.