Lag Switching GALORE!
I've had my own fair share of lag switching killers over on console. But after watching noob3's video on it, (
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ept5cFn2QA) I decided to go on my PC account and see for myself if it really is that much worse. Boy was he right. These things are everywhere! 1 out of 4 games had a lag switching killer! I even got someone saying "thank you for not lagging me" in the after game chat when I decided to do a killer daily.
I'd ask why this isn't bannable. But that doesn't matter if it's happening on console too. The game has been out for over 2 years now and everyone else has been saying it. WE NEED DEDICATED SERVERS. Make people suffer for having their own bad connection or trying to lag switch. If it means not getting any free DLC for a while, then so be it. It will be worth the trade off.
If I'm playing survivor, I get the occasional match where a leatherface seems to think he's a nurse and teleports around everywhere.
If I'm playing killer, I get the occasional survivor who might blink around a corner during a swing or something.
Even worse is when I get jealous of some of the people who have worse connections than I do because I know that they are at an advantage.
Comments
3:07
Look how happy the poor creature is...beautiful, almost teared up a bit
Yea I saw this too. I've definitely been lag switched on Xbox a few times and it's crazy that this is even a thing. Dedicated servers would be great, but they are also expensive AF to maintain and set up. The devs need to find ways to detect lagswitching with the game itself so that the game just ends if lagswitch is detected. Maybe you get false positives with bad connections, but truth be told if you have a bad connection you shouldn't be playing online games in the first place.