Slugging, Tunneling, and Proxying is NEEDED vs. Decent Survivors & Swf's
As long as they know how to hold shift+w and get on gens, doesn't matter if they are a mediocre looper, if you aren't on top 3 killer meta+perks you are going to loose if you don't do one of these things, the gens go too quick.
With how much time it can take to just to basic actions like carrying, hooking, and just chasing. If they get to a safe tile which on many maps there are plentiful of them they can waste your time and lead to 3 gens getting done in a chase, if you leave them they go hop on a generator and you have to chase a whole new person.
Killers are underpowered as heck in against any gen focused survivors.
Comments
You're right. Just had a match as trapper. Broke chase when I needed to and got quick downs when I committed, did well with traps, had multiple people hooked at once and played really well. But it still wasn't good enough and the gens still flew.
I don't like to slug tunnel or camp, but against a team who's efficient on gens if you don't your just not going to have a chance.
Proxy isnt, since it's easily punished by those survivors. Tunneling? Debatable with everyone runnig DS. Slugging? Of ######### course, I don't even get how people compare slugging to camping/tunneling. Slugging is a completely fair strategy, you are literally not getting hooked so where's this hate is coming from.
Yep, killers got the short end of the stick when it comes to objective speed.
Depends on who you’re playing. Nurse and spirit can usually deal with most squads fair
Most SWF you get aren't decent. They're just running whatever is meta and gets them easy escapes.
Kind of a agree/disagree.
There's times where camping is absolutely necessary. Like turning around and seeing 2 players near the hook when theres 3 gens left. Leaving then would just be stupid. Tunneling I'm not a fan of. I never really need to do it unless I get absolutely clobbered and need to defend a hook in the endgame.
I don't agree that killers are underpowered anymore thanks to a lot of the tools and perks they have, though there are still a fair few outdated killers that just can't compete in modern dbd. Pallet nerfs have also made the first chase, by far the most important chase of the match, significantly easier over time. Though it is still somewhat map/killer dependant. I think the DS nerf will go a long way into preventing bullish plays that have no consequences.
Slugging can be boring to play against but its absolutely one of the killers most important tools in tough situations. Don't take anyone who complains about it seriously, there are more than enough perks and then some to deal with slugging in dbd right now.
The game is more fair now than it has ever been, just because something is fair doesn't make it easier, if it is easier for the sake of fairness because something was absolutely broken then yeah i guess you could say killer is easier more now than ever. But really it means things are just more fair, as survivors used to be the most broken thing imaginable and still are if they know how to focus gens and not urban in corners.