Can't play game?

I haven't been able to play since the new clown bug fix. I play on switch and whenever I open the game I get the title with the logo and flying ash but the prompt never comes up to start the game. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

  • You fix it by getting a big-boy console.

    JK. Seriously though, I play on PS4 and I haven't encountered this problem, so it might be specific to Switch.

  • @Grum_P said:

    I haven't been able to play since the new clown bug fix. I play on switch and whenever I open the game I get the title with the logo and flying ash but the prompt never comes up to start the game. Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Last time I had that problem on my Xbox I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to make it go away.

  • @UncleStabby said:

    You fix it by getting a big-boy console.

    JK. Seriously though, I play on PS4 and I haven't encountered this problem, so it might be specific to Switch.

    I laughed way too much at this. Sometimes I forget as bad as it can get on our consoles our Switch cousins have had to deal with so much more...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2021025#Comment_2021025

    I laughed way too much at this. Sometimes I forget as bad as it can get on our consoles our Switch cousins have had to deal with so much more...

    Well, Nintendo consoles have had a very limited past when it comes to titles from outside publishers, and I sometimes forget that. I bet it makes from some really bumpy bugs.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/234723/cant-play-game

    Last time I had that problem on my Xbox I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to make it go away.

    Alright, thank you, I was gonna do this as a last resort because installing it took hours.

  • PS4 and Switch weren’t working in certain areas last day or so. I talked to a few others on Twitter who also had the same issue. PS4 works now for me, but my switch still isn’t working.


    Edit: restarted and it worked finally