IGN Just Rated DBD 9/10 - What do you think?
So IGN just gave Dead By Daylight a 9/10 review, personally I would give it a 5.5-6/10 but what do you guys think? Does DBD in it's current state deserve to be rated so high?
"An incredible slasher film simulator, and the best asymmetrical multiplayer game around."
With their final verdict being:
"Dead by Daylight’s inventive concept for a competitive horror game strikes an incredible balance between two very different styles of play, and makes both compelling. Channeling the slasher movie spirit, each match feels like a mini horror movie on both sides. Whether you’re the efficient and unpredictable killer, or one of the strategically elusive survivors, the thrill of the chase and the ever-present threat that even the best-laid plans can go awry keep Dead by Daylight feeling timely, even after five years of thrill kills."
Comments
I love how they ignored the grind so much. I have 400 hours and I still don't have all the teachables (I'm at around half of them)
"Clearly DBD is just a 5 on a 10 point scale", says player with 2k hours in the game. "Every night when I play for an hour or two I am reminded how much work this game needs to be worth my time."
As much as I love and hate this game, a 9/10 is too much, you see if I didn't loved this game I wouldn't have played it for almost 4 years.
But honestly if they tried higher ranks instead of rank 20 they wouldn't have given it such a high review.
My negatives:
Auto aim cucks you a lot especially for console players.
Bug, performance issues.
Unfair stuff both sides can do.
My meh things:
The game is more balanced than it was when I started.
Devs are trying their best to fix stuff and no I'm not being a whiteknight.
My positive stuff:
This game is a lot of fun.
Will probably play it until the end of the game since I really like it and hate it at the same time.
Now.
A 9 is too high but bhvr hit the nail so hard that it's extremely difficult to copy we all have seen similar games die.
Personal review is a 7/10 will increase if bugs and performance issues get fixed.
Whatever the rating or the various pros and cons, the fact the game keeps bringing people back despite heated opinions shows it has something about it. It may be the unexpectedness of the upcoming trial, or the story or feelings it brings, but it has that draw to it.
If I've not enjoyed a game, it ends up being dropped and forgotten. I couldn't ever imagine playing a game I could not enjoy. I can see why IGN gave it a 9/10.
I would say 7/10 at first but once you have played for a while then it's like a 4 out of 10