Custom cross-platform icons for each client and console
I play on a totally unused client, which is the Xbox App for pc, and in my entire month of experience with the game, I never, ever met a player that wasn't cross-platform (regular Xbox console players also count as cross-platform players)
What's my issue? Well all of the players I queue up with have the globe icon next to their usernames, which signifies they are playing from a different IP, like I said before I never saw anyone without it, it even confused me when I started out and wondered what it meant, back to my issue, it's impossible to identify who is playing from PC and who is playing from console, something that would help me tremendously with the chat system as an example, so I won't end up talking to no one in the lobby or the end-game chat, or even tell how well someone might play in a match depending on the platform they're playing on.
Now this is might be a weird suggestion and obviously would be low priority if it's even taken in consideration, but it would help players like me that still play on PC but not from steam or other extremely popular clients, and small details like this could be game changing. Also, every other game that supports cross-play has custom icons for each app and console types, so I don't get why DBD didn't have this from the start and just uses a globe icon instead of each player's choice of client/console.
Comments
I think I can address that last part. I believe the PS and Xbox logos are both tradmarked and to use em they'd have to pay something.
Thanks for the reply, and you're right, I looked it up and they're both trademarked, at least now I know why it wasn't implemented already with the cross-play update, but I'm pretty sure BHVR can fix this, a little logo by an username shouldn't be that expensive, not to mention the already licensed characters they bought these pasts years, a logo would be pocket change for them.
It would be nice to get a little 'gamepad' icon for console players, and a 'mouse' icon for PC players. At least then if you're playing from a console (or the Xbox PC app) then you could differentiate crossplayers as 'the other console' or 'pc'.
Obviously it wouldn't change anything for native PC players though.
That would work even better, that way BHVR would not have to hassle with this trademarked stuff and it's going to be even cheaper for them, looking from their point of view this would be very efficient