About Balance.
Hello, developers.
I am a player who enjoys DBD in Korea.
I've been playing DBD for about 1000 hours, and I've been working on this patch.
The inconvenience I felt and the fact that I didn't like it a little bit.
I'd like to talk to you.
1. DBD is a horror game.
However, the motion that the new survivors are standing in place,
It's hard to accept that behavior of person who feels fear.
This significantly reduced the immersion level of the game before the patch.
2. If you want to balance murderers and survivors, observe the play of the top ranks and actively accept their opinions.
From the launch until now, DBD's patches have been found to have been good, but I don't think there have been many patches that I think were good for the technology balance between survivors and murderers.
It is a very good phenomenon to think of new users of DBD and those who are enjoying it in the lower rank, but the balance of the game is more well known to those in the higher rank than those in the lower rank. This is because people with high ranks have a high level of understanding of the game.
It is easier for developers to understand the game balance by watching Twitch Streamer's streaming, which is playing DBD in many regions such as Asia, North America, and so on.
This is because DBD play styles in Asia and North America are very different. = The balance between what we think in Asia and what we think in North America is very different.
3. DBD is a hide-and-seek.
Of course, DBD is a horror game and each killer has his or her ability is a very innovative and fresh idea.
However, it is almost impossible to cope with a situation where survivors and murderers run away and go to catch each other, or if they can only hear strange steam sounds and cannot pinpoint the exact location. This is one of the unbalanced phenomena.
Even with the same transparency, race's ability can be dealt with. However, Spirit's ability is almost impossible to cope with.
And, 100 percent impossible to cope with if asthma is used.
For this reason, many Asians use a skill : will, but this also loses its meaning because of asthma.
When Spirit uses her abilities, I think it's better to let her breath be heard from where Spirit is, even if she is not seen at all.
4. There are too many unused skills.
For example, No Mither is the case.
50% less moan, no bloodstains, no cure.
It may seem like a good skill to hide, but it's practically a skill that doesn't exist. In order to give more than a moribund state from the beginning, at least 50% of the moans need the effect of disappearing altogether, not 100% of the reduction. Otherwise, it seems that 10-12% increase in behavior rate is needed. If this happens, there is a problem with stability, but I think it will be hired a lot because it has a good effect.
Please keep in mind that this issue is not limited to No Mither.
I am always impressed and grateful that DBD's developers always try to develop the game.
Comments
Seeing strider spirit referred to as asthma has me wheezing I haven't even read the post fully
I love this post.
dbd is a horror game but as with any game not completely dedicated to horror after awhile you no longer fear it especially when it feels competitive and your exposed to the horror (killer) for long periods of time and can retaliate. This actually allows dbd to be more flexible which is why we have weird cosmetics along with the upcoming trickster. As for survivor movements i agree that they need polishing and are too stiff.
Nothing can be done about game knowledge it's up to the player to seek out that info, It's pretty much impossible for the devs to create a system to tell you all the things advanced players know as well as how to play. A basic tutorial is the best they can do.
Spirit is in a weird balance state, the way she finds survivors will not change which is why stridor "asthma" is always going to be a popular choice. The only thing they can do is either make it more obvious that spirit is using her power or try to show you her in her power. The second option is a major problem because what makes spirit strong is her being completely unfindable in her power and if any form of info gives her away in it like sound then she becomes massively weaker.
there are always going to be perks unused in any game because a "meta" is always established. Also no mither is a challenge perk meant to hinder you for those players that like that sort of thing. It could use some improvement but at its core it is harmful to use.