Perks Left to Fix
Now that we have these arguments about Alert vs. Dark Sense, let's talk about what BHVR DID NOT focus on this patch:
- No Mither (AKA your teammates will DC the moment you get first hook)
- Boil Over (Useless)
- Surveillance (Useless)
- Monstrous Shrine (Useless)
- Left Behind (Useless)
- Up the Ante (Useless now that Deliverance is a thing)
- Fire Up (Values too low to even do anything remotely useful)
- Hex: The Third Seal (buggy perk... Hooks are bugged)
- Stridor (buggy perk)
- Blood Warden (buggy perk)
- Hex: Thrill of the Hunt (Needs QoL updates... Or Make this NOT a Hex Perk but reduce the slow reduction per dull totem)
- Over(under)whelming presence (Nobody uses this)
- Predator (Why would anyone take this? You could color code footprints to make each footprint set specific to a survivor and I STILL wouldn't take this garbage)
- Spies From the Shadows (Remove or update this perk)
- Thanatophobia (Values too low to do anything. You will never have 4 injured rank 1 survivors even in small maps)
- Pop Goes the Weasel (Remove the 30 second timeframe. It forces you to avoid chases in favor of smashing gens... #########)
Comments
They can't focus on everything at the same time. They probably have a huge list of things they want to rework. And many of these perks might be on it.
The new Tinkerer, by its description alone, sounds like a better fit for Surveillance.
I have never experienced or noticed any bugs while using Blood Warden, Stridor or Third Seal.
I think you forgot about balanced landing.
The perk itself is fine. Just there are too many maps where it's useless.
Hex: Devour Hope - 2 Tokens bonus is nothing.
True that. You could change it so that one hit = same effect as being hit while under effect of "Borrowed Time"
Hell, one token on Devour hope should have same effect as ToTH in that it will create noise if someone tries to destroy it. With a 45 second cooldown to be fair.
Blood Warden = It's supposed to highlight auras of survivors inside gate. I've yet to see that.
Stridor = Bugged as ######### on layered maps such as The Game or Haddonfield. I think corn screws it up too... I'm not sure.
Third Seal = Displays hook animation... Might be not bug, but it shouldn't show that to survivors. They should be guessing where the hooked teammate is currently, same as if I was using Knock Out.
For it to even matter, the amount that wriggling randomly offsets the Killer's movement would have to be even MORE than what it does now to be noticeable. Or at the least, you could control what direction the killer's pulled into when wriggling... So you could aim for wall corners.
Lol that was pretty good!
Yes. That's the point. I'm a rank 1 killer, FREDDY MAIN, and I barely notice Boil Over III, unless it's near a bunch of rubble where I can get stuck, but even then that's a coin-toss.
If you increase the %, I wouldn't mind, at least it would be more consistent.
It's probably a PS4 thing. I have much more accuracy with mouse than with controller (SteamLink yo), so I could see it being much more noticeable on PS4, especially if you factor in the poor optimization PS4 has already. =(