Mental health tips for new players?
Hi, I'm relatively new to the game and already I'm really struggling with mental health issues whenever I decide to pick up the game for a few matches.
I'm honestly just looking for someone who can provide some of the ways you guys have been able to cope with the toxicity in the game? (Body blocking, flashlight stunning, tea bagging, etc) A few games I can take and let me be clear I don't mind losing but the bullying and harassment is really getting to me.
I mostly play killer, namely Bubba/Lestherface/Cannibal but a few others as well. I feel like especially recently the cruelty among survivor players has spiked significantly and I don't know what to do... I do my best to be calm and not let it get to me but it's really affecting my sanity and causing me to become severely depressed and in some cases causing me to self harm (Something I haven't done since years and years ago). I honestly am just looking to improve and play with people but I can't take much more of the unnecessary cruelty...
Comments
You can get the answer easily when you see most people on game forum tells you to leave the game.
Trust us. It’s a good choice to leave this game, especially when you mainly play as killer.
It sucks too because I really do want to like the game. I haven't played the game in I think two weeks at this point (when I'd literally play the game on a daily basis for hours at a time; a LOT of my free time got devoted to this game) and every day I'm kind of tempted to just try again and just try to make sure I relax more instead and if the game starts to get me, make sure I force myself to back away rather than just playing some more to "power through it".
But hearing it laid out like that just makes me feel...super uneasy about doing that. Whether dezzmont is legit onto something or not, at least in my experience, everything they said matches it to the freaking letter.
Which I guess maybe ultimately I should see as a blessing in disguise. Because my temptation to restart the game dropped a lot after reading what they had to say. It's super depressing because there's really no game like this out there but the frustration was just too much and at least in dezzmont's opinion, that frustration seems to be completely baked into the game itself.
If you can't handle it then play other games. The deuche bags are gonna be deuche bags and nothing will stop them unless they're insta killed for t-bagging or something (which would be completely stupid, don't ever do that bhvr.)
Just don't play the game tbh, there are a lot of better games than this one.
If you play, you'll become addicted like us... just like dr*gs, you can't stop it without help
What is "help" in this situtation? Well, we are still trying to find out
Find another game, or watch people stream it. The developer is just as toxic as the community, so things will never improve. They even have cute passive aggressive stuff implemented into the UI like the "Did you have fun?" rating after you get crushed by a premade groups of rank 1s while at rank 13.
These people are not worth your time, money, and health. There are lots of other horror games that can fill this gap. Feel better.
Also Bubba tends to get a lot of that stuff