SWF Solution

Most other games have it, it's just splitting it into 2 separate modes. Solo que, and SWF. For those in SWF if they didn't want a full group they would be placed in Flex que where the system would pick an MMR killer accordingly.

Ok since a lot of people are confused as how this would work let me clarify.

These modes would ONLY APPLY TO SURVIVORS. Killer's would not get a say, the system would automatically determine where killers go based on their personal MMR. Furthermore for those people concerned about new survivors, there would be a warning in SWF stating that you will more than likely get higher rank killers. And if they don't like it they could always make a custom game.

One other piece of information, in solo que the chat box would be disabled before the game to prevent people from being able to communicate a discord address.

Comments

  • And uh please, I don't want to face only SWF if I'm good, I play DbD casually, not sweaty or competitive.

    MMR will be the reason why many player would leave the game. For survivors it's a problem because they would see almost only top tier killers like Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, Oni... It will be boring as hell.

    And for killers, yeah, only SWF, and if you're really good, you'll meet tournament teams where you CAN'T win (or maybe 1 game over 5).

    Ranks are good, not always legit, but it is good.

    Or, make "Rank game" and "Competitive game" modes. With that, casual players will continue to enjoy the game as it is, and players who want to excel, as a killer, or as a survivor, will overperform without receiving "such a tryharder" things like that. I'm even going to make a poll eh

    EDIT : my bad, there isn't the Poll option in the Feedback and Suggestion, and nobody goes in the "Poll" section so... :/

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    How would three-man SWFs ever find a lobby?

    One possible solution is the thing that league of legends uses, where you have flex for multiple people but not a full group. So if you wanted to play with lets say 2 people instead of 4 you'd get placed in flex que and the system would find MMR accordingly.

  • @Tactrix said:

    Most other games have it, it's just splitting it into 2 separate modes. Solo que, and SWF. For those in SWF if they didn't want a full group they would be placed in Flex que where the system would pick an MMR killer accordingly.

    Ok since a lot of people are confused as how this would work let me clarify.

    These modes would ONLY APPLY TO SURVIVORS. Killer's would not get a say, the system would automatically determine where killers go based on their personal MMR. Furthermore for those people concerned about new survivors, there would be a warning in SWF stating that you will more than likely get higher rank killers. And if they don't like it they could always make a custom game.

    One other piece of information, in solo que the chat box would be disabled before the game to prevent people from being able to communicate a discord address.

    Is that last paragraph an attempt to disrupt comms? If so how exactly would that work, particularly for console?

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/233471/swf-solution

    Is that last paragraph an attempt to disrupt comms? If so how exactly would that work, particularly for console?

    On console they can simply disable coms for that mode.

  • @Tactrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006476#Comment_2006476

    On console they can simply disable coms for that mode.

    No they can't on Xbox. The comms are entirely separate from any game, and Microsoft won't except a game that disrupts comms. I believe PlayStation is the same.

    The devs cannot do anything about comms on console.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006488#Comment_2006488

    No they can't on Xbox. The comms are entirely separate from any game, and Microsoft won't except a game that disrupts comms. I believe PlayStation is the same.

    The devs cannot do anything about comms on console.

    That sounds like a problem between companies, I'm just here to provide suggestions.

  • @Tactrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006803#Comment_2006803

    That sounds like a problem between companies, I'm just here to provide suggestions.

    I get that yes. Others here have sugested removing the comms from SWF but it doesn't seem possible. I don't know a thing about Discord, but if it's separate from the game I doubt the devs couldn't touch that either.

    After sorting through the ideas around balancing solo play and SWF, getting solo players more info to raise them closer to SWF level then buffing killers to compensate is the sanest approach imo.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2006842#Comment_2006842

    I get that yes. Others here have sugested removing the comms from SWF but it doesn't seem possible. I don't know a thing about Discord, but if it's separate from the game I doubt the devs couldn't touch that either.

    After sorting through the ideas around balancing solo play and SWF, getting solo players more info to raise them closer to SWF level then buffing killers to compensate is the sanest approach imo.

    Well I can only speak about PC since that's the only version I play but with PC they could remove it the way I suggested, and it would work well.