I wish Behaviour experimented with Killer’s base stats more.
(Apologies in advance, I’m one of those boomers that still use the % speed thing rather then using m/s)
The killers in this game follow a tried and true formula of: If their power is very oppressive then make them move at 110%, otherwise, make them 115%. This is a relatively fair and accepted thing. It helps to balance out killers with exceptionally strong powers and keeps the ones who aren’t as powerful slightly faster to compensate. However, I really wish Behaviour would experiment more. Give us a killer with a huge terror radius and extremely slow movement but a borderline broken power to compensate. Or what about a Killer who has a greater than average movement speed and terror radius. Perhaps said killer could have a weak power but also have no chase music and break pallets unnaturally fast so they excel at a normal chase in exchange for having a more situational power. What about a Killer with a tiny terror radius who can practically zoom around the map but to compensate they have NO power? Nurse is probably the most unique killer in the game and that’s because she is completely unlike all other killers. She’s slow as hell but she has an absolutely OP power when used well. We haven’t had a killer like her since.
I know these ideas probably all suck but that’s not the point. My point is that the Devs just don’t give us super unique and interesting killers anymore. Killers that completely differentiate themselves from other Killers not just in their powers, but also in their base stats. Behaviour have a formula that works so they’re understandably afraid to experiment. Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke as the old saying goes. I understand that experimenting like this is risky, a Killer could be completely broken or completely useless due to their own uniqueness. However, taking the risk would make every new chapter super interesting. Rather then getting another 110/115% movement speed killer with a power which is probably very similar to what we already have, we could have a completely unique killer which fundamentally changes the way the game is played when using them. I understand that what I’m saying will likely fall on deaf ears. Ultimately I know that Behaviour will not listen. I just thought I’d give my two cents regardless. I doubt I’m the first person to suggest radical changes to killer’s base stats and I likely won’t be the last. Anyway, am I just a lunatic who should have their gaming license revoked or is there any merit to what I’ve said? I’m genuinely curious.
Comments
Nurse fits the category of borderline broken power and slow movement that you mention, with the exception of huge terror radius.
A killer with more than 115% movement speed and a power relatively weak, especially if it's one designed for chase, can be borderline broken. the 5% movement speed is monumental (if we were to have a 120% killer) and it's something that would be very hard to balance. Unless something is done to make his basic attacks less effective, like a smaller reach.
Situational powers are probably one of the worst designed powers IMO, especially if they're map dependent.
Insanely fast killer with no power? So you want a 150% wraith looking thing that all he does is m1 to play? Oh yeah, I would also love to play against this as survivor /s.
-------------
I'm also here to remind you that BHVR works constantly on new killer and their designs. We're gonna get Trickster next week. They are already working on the killer that they're gonna release for mid of May / anniversary and august / september.
New and interesting designs don't just come up after a night of sleep, ya know? They come after multiple sessions & discussions. Multiple trial and errors.
I get that my examples sucked but that wasn’t the point. I even said so in my post. My point was simply that I wished Behaviour were more willing to make a killer that doesn’t abide by the typical killer formula we’ve become accustomed to.
The only killer to break the mould fundamentally breaks the game so I’d rather not