Most balanced map after the past few realm reworks?

Now that we've had a handful of realms/maps re-worked, I figured now might be a good time to ask for opinions on this.

What did you consider to be the most balanced map prior to the gradual map rebalancings, and what do you think is currently the most balanced map? When I say "balanced," I don't mean "the one you win at the most" or "the one that favors your side the most." I mean "the one you think best allows for a fair match between Killers and Survivors."

Comments

  • Would still say coal tower is the most balanced. It's small, so it allows any killer to reliably traverse the map, but it also doesn't make high mobility killers overwhelming because there's enough things and loops in the way that their mobility gets stunted a bit (in other words it's the opposite of rotten fields). The main building is "fine" but it's also out of the way. Gate spawns are usually not terrible for either side...idk, it's just a great map, I'm never gonna be annoyed getting coal tower as killer or survivor.

  • Yeah Campbells chapel used to be good but now its bad and if you get the basement window spawning inside the chapel then you might as well go afk because it combos with the rest of the windows so well.

    Coal tower is awful now there’s like 3 breakable doors you need to destroy on the bottom sometimes, then you have pallets on the outside and even then when all are destroyed the survivors can still do a loop around the building.

    Honestly the map reworks are horrific, we all used to think the devs were bad at map design but it seems it is intentional. They’ve gone and brought back god windows too it’s ridiculous. Seems after they fixed the maps last year someone at BHVR blew a gasket and demanded that all maps be broken, unfun and unplayable again.

  • Overall I'd say Ormond was done well. As well as MacMillan and Autohaven. Though Crotus Prenn and Game are definitely survivor Sided. Badham didn't change. Yamaoka seems good.