Why Punish Survivors for AFK killers?


When you're playing survivor you have no control over this, but for some reason the dev team decided no, we can't give chase points if a killer isn't moving anymore. so there's no way to fill boldness at all. and doing gens and only gens isn't enough to get rank progress. yes you can break totems but it's still not enough.


If a killer goes AFK don't punish a team that can do nothing about another players choice.

Comments

  • Yeh but i like to see the devs actually find a decent work around for it

  • @TomBomb said:

    Yeh but i like to see the devs actually find a decent work around for it

    that would be great

  • This is how it feels for all the other players when a survivor disconnects or rage quits.

  • Its a case of "to punish the afk guy, we need to punish the survivors"

    If the killers afk, just do gens and go. Play the game for the gameplay, not for the points. I'd rather just get back to a proper match than try and squeeze a pip out of a killer

  • @lolitsme said:

    In my experience i do a gen some totem a chest and leave and i never depip i wont pip either but the game last 2 minute so its fine.

    But when i play killer and have a DC in the game if im misfortune enough to get one of the survivor escape with the hatch its a depip only because i had 1 DC so survivor are luck with the afk killer

    yeah I had a whole team DC on me once so one person could get the hatch it was annoying and stupid

  • Right? Is OP mad he can't farm an afk? Gen report move on

  • @NoxVeno said:

    Right? Is OP mad he can't farm an afk? Gen report move on

    Do I sound mad to you? I'm pointing out something and asking a question, that's all. I'm not mad about it

  • If you de-pip for doing gens and escaping, then it's a problem - you should at the very least black pip for escaping an AFK killer. You SHOULDN'T pip up because it was a free win... no challenge in that

  • Top tip: stop caring about rank, it doesn't mean anything

  • @JPA said:

    Top tip: stop caring about rank, it doesn't mean anything

    I agree I'm looking forward to when the new rank system is implemented and everyone goes back to 20 no matter where they are.

  • @lucid4444 said:

    If you de-pip for doing gens and escaping, then it's a problem - you should at the very least black pip for escaping an AFK killer. You SHOULDN'T pip up because it was a free win... no challenge in that

    I'm not looking for a free pip. I just worry that people may depip for it .

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1998848#Comment_1998848

    Do I sound mad to you? I'm pointing out something and asking a question, that's all. I'm not mad about it

    sure, where was the question? Because it looks like a rant about not being able to take advantage of an afk. Good to know your on the balance though ;)

  • @Ryan489x said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1998875#Comment_1998875

    I'm not looking for a free pip. I just worry that people may depip for it .

    right but if you just do 1 gen and escape - do you still black-pip? I don't know offhand

  • Imagine if killers didn't get points for hooking/sacrificing afk survivors.