Fix Hex spawn for the love of the entity!
I am so tired of this situation, whenever i try to use an hex perk, it get cleansed in 1/2 min at max!( or at worst, few seconds after the match starts), and no, do not start with "it's rng, it's a fair balance" IT'S NOT! the spawn location is RNG, but the location itself is the problem!....
I usually don't use the hex perk because I've always had a bad experience with them(as i wrote above).........but today(few minutes ago) i gave them another chance, because i though "hey, i've spent points for these perks......it's dumb not to use them! ,i can't be that unlucky everytime right? the hex system can't be this broken right? i should try again", so i went on suffocation pit with the hag, i had devour/ruin/and even thrill of hunt, why this choice? because i wanted to test how long would they last.
After spawning, literally 3 seconds and thrill of hunt immediately activates, luckly i spawned near a hex, i set the hag trap, then i immediately headed towards the other hex, and guess what, the totem went poof, i started chasing the survivor that cleansed the totem and during the chase, poof, ruin went poof, and you would not believe it, but 20 seconds later...yes...thrill of hunt also poofed...
i'm done, i will never ever again use these shi**y perks, unless behaviour decides to fix this problem..
how? just improve the spawn point, make them more hidden, prevent the system from making them spawn most of the times in extremely open and highly visible places/near the freaking generator or in front of the survivor....
"but i don't have that problem, usually they last longer", good for you, the rng blessed you with good spawn points and/or dumb survivors, it can happend....but honestly, this systems needs to eb fixed.
Comments
Sorry man I'm lucky with my spawns them lasting a while.
Yes please. Hex perks (in my experience) are basically unusable unless you're running Undying.
Sometimes yes, hexes spawns are a bit... Obvious. Sometimes they are pretty well hidden, but luck is as a survivor randomly walked in it, that happens. "High Risk, High Reward" as they say.
So, let's imagine if EVERY spawn locations on EACH map are reworked so they are super well hidden spots :
After this (I hope) objective analysis, I'd like to give my opinion :
I'm a BIG user of hexes, my builds look like Haunted Grounds/Retribution/Ruin/Undying, or BBQ/Haunted Grounds/Devour Hope/Undying (this last is my favourite, if you're seriously playing, and not messing around, you will have a 4k 80% of your games).
Often in the middle/end game, I have only one perk (often BBQ) or nothing. But until I get to that situation, I'm at least with 4 hooks/5 gens, so I have a big start in the game. And that is the worst scenario, that happens I'd say 10-15% of my games ! Now that Undying is working perfectly with any hexes, these are absolute evil builds, but yes, you have to perform very well !
I'm convinced that hexes builds are nut currently, not OP because there is a lot of counters, but they are strong !
And yeah, sometimes you will have all of your totems cleansed in a blink, but this is rare.
For the most part, hex spawns have been getting better with the map reworks. There's still the issue of some totems being in obvious spots, but the totems themselves are at least not as noticeable from a distance.