Is the game supposed to be fun when you're the killer ?
I'm really enjoying both roles in the game and I consider myself as an average player (surely not amongst the bests and not noob anymore : 1k hours). My goal when I start the game is to sit down and have a good time.
The last 2 months, I constantly face 1 or 2 red ranks as a rank 10-11 killer...
No need to wait until the game ends to see the ranks, when you play, you immediately feel the potential of survivors.
Experience learnt me to leave the strongest survivors in the early game. But even then, they know how to be efficient on gens, and I get my first hook when they already finished 2,5 gens (halve their objectives while I'm only at 1/12).
I set importance to improve my gameplay. But the fun factor is even more important to me. And I'm missing this the past weeks...
The same goes when I'm a survivor. When you face a killer with a much lower level as you, there is no fun. You don't feel the threat and the pressure. Although that's why we play this game, right ?
I mean matchmaking was never great and is certainly a complex issue to fix. But I feel the trend is worsening highly.
I am wondering if this feeling was also shared by others down here. Are there any concrete info from BHVR that they are adressing this issue ?
I mean...if people don't play killer, Ithey won't buy any new DLC...
i can't imagine they are letting this issue standing still for so long...
Or maybe I see things wrong and you're just supposed to have fun when you play survivors ?
Comments
try playing other killers, use fun pallet builds like enduring and spirit fury. try fun addons like jumpscare myers.
They really need to consider just adding one more generator for the survivors. If they have no plans to do anything yet, why not test out something like this in the PTB and see people's reactions and see if the killer problem is sort of solved.
Killer games are more intense than survivor games, and this is thanks in part to the eye-ball rolling behaviour of many players.
Killer games can be particularly annoying when attempting certain rift pass challenges and/or killer adepts.
I doubt this will ever change.
Because the devs only do experiments and quick tweaks for survivor buffs. NEVER for survivor nerfs.
This isn't even like a salt thing. The way they communicate towards survivors vs killers makes it really clear that while they want a game that is mechanically balanced (because if killers didn't have any potential the game would collapse like it did during the killer strike) they care way more about the feelings and concerns of one side over the other.
The bloodlust test and the mori surprise change come to mind, but this is a thing they have a looooong history of and it was a huge reason why there was a killer strike back in 2017. Killers aren't imagining things when they notice they are not being treated fairly, though they often over-generalize or catastrophize outcomes. But either way DBD has... an actively super toxic design cycle where they hype minor killer changes to make killers think the game will become more fun before heaping surprise nerfs on them over a long period of time as a sort of bait and switch.
It is such a thing its talked about outside the DBD community. I have written papers about how DBD exploits anchoring effects to basically monetize cyberbullying in a fun, new, and different way than season passes and exclusive Fortnite skins. Its... not great.
And its complicated because if DBD DOES do hotfixes to critical issues or experiments they get slapped for it, because the survivor playerbase, by my rough napkin math, outnumbers killers some odd 30:1, and have actively learned they can bully the devs via stuff like review bombs. So the devs are currently in a hostage situation with their own playerbase.