Red Envelopes disappearing

On the Red Envelopes, it says "Only playable during the Gilded Stampede Event." I assumed that meant that next year any unused envelopes would still be around, so I went through a bunch of blood webs on a bunch of killers stockpiling them. Imagine my surprise when I logged in to find them all deleted from everyone.

I get that they're not anniversary cakes, but if they were only going to EXIST for 2-4 weeks, I wish it would've said on the item itself something about any unused envelopes getting trashed at the end of that year's event. I'd appreciate some kind of a head's up on any future events with similarly vanishing offerings.

Comments

  • They announced that the event would last for another week and it's over a few days before the weekend.

    It was obvious that they would disappear eventually.

    I can see them still on the bloodweb but not in the inventory. maybe a bug.

  • @Anniehere said:

    They announced that the event would last for another week and it's over a few days before the weekend.

    It was obvious that they would disappear eventually.

    I can see them still on the bloodweb but not in the inventory. maybe a bug.

    Why is it obvious that they would disappear eventually? I still have Blight Serums in inventory, even though I can't use them anymore.

  • @Anniehere said:

    They announced that the event would last for another week and it's over a few days before the weekend.

    It was obvious that they would disappear eventually.

    I can see them still on the bloodweb but not in the inventory. maybe a bug.

    Actually, that doesn't make sense. ANY other event offering stays.

  • @Adjatha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1997404#Comment_1997404

    Why is it obvious that they would disappear eventually? I still have Blight Serums in inventory, even though I can't use them anymore.

    @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1997404#Comment_1997404

    Actually, that doesn't make sense. ANY other event offering stays.

    Because they wrote "Only playable during the Gilded Stampede Event". The hooks and generators with the fireworks got replaced and I'm guessing this offering actives only with them.

    So yeah, i used them at every opportunity because i knew they would not be available for a long time.

    Need to check with DBD team if this is a problem or if it was planned.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4RJ91L91SNZ0/20210305-102141.jpg

    I just checked I still have it on my Switch. Did you check on your last offering page?

    Ah! There they are. Well, my bad for not flipping all the way back. I'd just assumed they would be at the front, with the anniversary cakes. Well, disregard this whole thread, then.