Reworking Perks: Gearhead and Buckle Up

Hello, for today's complement I would like to say that your shoes are looking lovely today.

I have decided that when doing a Reworking Perks I'm going to start doing two perks at once. One for killer and one for survivors. And i decided to do Gearhead and Bucklr Up.

I bearly ever see anyone run these perks, mainly because the effect seems lacking in power and use so I'm going to rework them

Buckle Up

Unlocks potential in one's aura reading abilities.

The recovery progress of the dying survivor is determined by the intensity of their aura

When you heal a survivor from the dying state to injured you and the other survivor gets the 7% haste status effect for 6/7/8 seconds.

And

Gearhead

You've got an ear for well-oiled gears.

When you hit a survivor 2 times with your basic attack Gearhead activates for 15/20/25 seconds

While gearhead is active the generators aura will be shown for as long a survivor is working on it. Generator noises are increased by 10 meters.

How are these changes?

Comments

  • there okay but there still not good enough to be used.

    For Buckle up I would make it so if you heal a survivor from dying to injured or from injured to healthy, you and the survivor you healed see the killers aura for 6/7/8 seconds. This would make the perk better cause your constantly going to be healing and seeing where the killer is every time you heal someone would be excellent.

    For Gearhead I don’t like this change it’s basically Hex:Ruin 2 but unlimited no ######### way that would come into the game. I would just remove the basic attack requirement and make it so when the perk is active you see what gens are being worked on currently with a yellow aura for 20/25/30 seconds.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    there okay but there still not good enough to be used.

    For Buckle up I would make it so if you heal a survivor from dying to injured or from injured to healthy, you and the survivor you healed see the killers aura for 6/7/8 seconds. This would make the perk better cause your constantly going to be healing and seeing where the killer is every time you heal someone would be excellent.

    For Gearhead I don’t like this change it’s basically Hex:Ruin 2 but unlimited no ######### way that would come into the game. I would just remove the basic attack requirement and make it so when the perk is active you see what gens are being worked on currently with a yellow aura for 20/25/30 seconds.

    Your right about gearhead. I will think of something else for that.

    I would probably not put that effect for Buckle Up since it could have too good of an effect with other healing perks.

  • Gearhead just needs to remove the skill check requirement and just show you gens being worked on while the perk is active.

  • @Crowman said:

    Gearhead just needs to remove the skill check requirement and just show you gens being worked on while the perk is active.

    Your right that's a better effect.

  • Haste is a powerful status effect, but frankly if it's a few-second buff after being revived from the Dying State I don't think it'll do much of anything.

    Re. Gearhead I think Chili_man sums up the issues with your proposed rework. IMO this would be a better rework for Gearhead:

    Scrap its overly confusing and underwhelming nonsense in exchange for: Whenever a Survivor performs a Great Skill Check on a Generator, that Survivor's aura is revealed to you for 10/12/15 seconds. When Gearhead reveals a Survivor's aura to you, it informs the Survivor on their Perk HUD.

    This keeps the Perk's skillcheck mechanics without making it completely useless if Survivors are playing perfectly. With this, even if Survivors play perfectly with the skillcheck system, they're still having to choose between gen progression speed and revealing their auras.