Oppression vs Surge

Which one is better (in combination with Pop) and why? I'm trying Oppression right now but without decent results...

Comments

  • Oppression would be better with Pop. It actually regresses gens across the map regardless of distance & can tell you specific gens that are worked on when the skillcheck is missed. Surge won't actually allow you to use Pop unless a survivor taps the gen or was working on it when Surge activated so you're depending on survivor plays to get value out of it.

    I would def say Oppression over Surge. Surge works best with other regressing perks like Ruins imo

  • I'd say Oppression. It's sort of like a manual Ruin (I KNOW the regression is nowhere near as much as Ruin) that can never be cleansed away thankfully but has a lengthy cooldown that I think needs to be reduced a bit.

    Surge I honestly don't know much about but what I do know is that it's usually only going to affect one generator, maybe more if you're lucky with an indoor map / down that survivor in between two gens but idk.

    For more consistent value and synergy with Pop I say Oppression all the way since you'll be popping gens anyways with, well Pop lol

    Surge feels like more potential reward but I highly doubt you'll be getting it. I like perks that give me more control over their activation and that's what Pop Oppression does.

  • Pop and Surge are a little off combo. You down a survivor, Surge activates and then PGTW activates. But, now you have to go far to find a gen in your TR that isn't regressing.

    I like PGTW and Oppression.

    I like Surge with Infectious Fright.

  • @solidhex said:

    Which one is better (in combination with Pop) and why? I'm trying Oppression right now but without decent results...

    They both should have that ridiculous cool down removed. Surge more so than Opp. I don’t even know why Surge has a cool down.

  • I actually like the idea of surge and pop on a high mobility killer regress everything nearby and then go hook and take off to a far off gen you see people at with BBQ.

  • Yes i know that Pop and Surge don't synergize this way but after i saw Otz is using this combo, i tried it and it's good so far. Often survivors will just tap the "surged" gen or are working on it or you can pop a gen elsewhere (works good with BBQ). One of those 3 situations is nearly always the case. Before i was using Sloppy as my second stalling perk besides PGTW.

    And today i've finally unlocked Oppression because i thought it may be even better. Maybe i just had bad luck, survivors were really good and maps were unlucky.

    @poomanchu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/232341/oppression-vs-surge

    They both should have that ridiculous cool down removed. Surge more so than Opp. I don’t even know why Surge has a cool down.

    Yeah maybe i just leave Sloppy for stalling in there (my go-to 4th perk if i don't know something else), i hate cooldowns too