Gen Regression - Otz + Tru3 Discussion

Yesterday I watched the discussion between Otz and Tru3 (very interesting) and I was interested in their thoughts about gen regressing.

Tru3 wants the gen regression to be as strong as from Ruin because you still need to kick it

and

Otzs idea was to make the generator kick take away some of the progress (like Pop lite).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I was thining about something for a long time too and is similar to what Otz said:

We give the Killer two kinds of regressions:

1) Kick:

  • Kick would regress the gen by immediately 5% on kick (Pop Goes the Weasel effect is still 25% overall and does not stack with normal kick) and continues regressing as normal.

2) M1-Hit:

  • A simple basic attack on the generator will make it regress but with no % penatly like the Kick animation. Its fair because a survivor needs to touch for 1ms to stop regressing eventhough repairing is more complex then breaking stuff and killer needs to channel the kick animation for pressures time.
  • If hitting a generator that is worked on by survivors it will explode like a failed skill check and regress as much + start regressing

I think those are fair changes. And I think its very easy to test them in a PTB. Something like this could realy help.

Comments

  • I think this would be a fair change and I can absolutely get behind it. It'd help make kicking gens more viable and serve as a way to let Killers who want to slow the pace of games do so easier, without just increasing generator times.

  • @Lexilogo said:

    I think this would be a fair change and I can absolutely get behind it. It'd help make kicking gens more viable and serve as a way to let Killers who want to slow the pace of games do so easier, without just increasing generator times.

    Yes that was exactly my idea behind it. Reward killer for doing something against gens instead of nerfing speeds for survivors