chat filter needs to be optional.
I'm not sure why the chat filter is not optional but it seriously needs to be optional.
I'm an adult and I don't need to be sheltered from swears on a M rated game, there is no reason for me to have a censored chat.
If this is for console I understand but it should be optional for steam users
Comments
Wait it's not optional? Really? That's really stupid.
It can prevent quarrels in the end chat game. Once you see the blank words you easily click on "Continue". Why would you bother to answer them?
I'd be fine without it, I don't get offended by post-game chat. However, I've reported a couple of people who used outrageously unacceptable language (I mean the worst of the worst). My concern is, with the filter, I won't know if someone is being an absolute racist or just swearing, so I can't report the former.
The devs said they'll still look at reports because they'll have logs of the chat, but I won't take a guess and report language if I don't even know what's being said.