The Thing Bothering Me About the Reactions to the New Killer

People bring up that The Trickster does not fit in Dead by Daylight because he's wearing bright flashy clothes and is not scary. Here's the thing though, if I asked you (the reader) "When was the last time you were actually scared in Dead by Daylight?" It would probably be a long time ago. For me I stopped being scared after the first 5-10 hours of playing and I have between 2.5k and 3k hours in this game. The argument of how "scary" a killer is doesn't feel very fitting for people who have been playing the game for a while. Am I right?

Now for the flashy clothing argument. Go to the freaking shop and look through the cosmetics. I'm pretty sure that's enough an argument for why "flashy clothes" isn't much of an argument once the shop released in 2018. We have onesies and elf cosmetics and you're arguing about this guy wearing hot pink and yellow? Sorry, but the looks argument died out once the shop was introduced.

I understand that people don't think he fits. That's fine, but the arguments aren't really there since the arguments used, if you play the game, aren't really arguments anymore and haven't been for a very long time. Yet here we all are still playing (and complaining but still playing).

Edit: After reading comments I don't want people to think I mean "Your arguments don't make sense." I'm saying they're weak arguments based off of what the game is. They're still arguments, they just aren't the best.

Comments

  • @angematias said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1990851#Comment_1990851

    Did you actually read the lore? Dude was always up with knife tricks ever since he was a child, and carried them into adulthood in his career.

    And he didn't burn his bandmates alive, he *allowed* them to burn alive by neglecting to help them.

    So what? Throwing knives doesn’t make a person a trickster. Read up on the mythology behind the word. Tricksters shapeshift. That would be a far more interesting killer than what we got here.

  • @bobspongesweatpants said:

    The great value joker is a non supernatural serial killer and there is nothing wrong with that in DBD.

    This is his new nickname now

  • Meh- he just seems like if the survivors had free will they'd be able to just jump him lol- Also, has anyone else seen a spike in cringey game news about DBD's "new sexy killer we want to step on us"? The coverage it's getting is going to have a really ######### backlash

  • @Ihatelife said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1997978#Comment_1997978

    Sure:

    Josef Mengele did a lot of sick experiments on the twins, one of them was sewing the twins together to look how their DNA will resolve together (He sew them too make them look like siamese twins) The twins suffered the worst possible pain, the sew wound was constantly bleeding from blood and pus. After a few days the twins died from bleed out and their body was later burned like nothing.

    In MA there was a scene that the psychopath tied to bed her ex-crush and prepared him to dog blood tranfusion, after she cutted him, he suffered from the pain where his body rejected the dog's blood and he suffered the horrific pain for few days, when later on he finally died from bleeding.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a2aEHT7v54

    Done. There's literally even more ######### up things that people make to torture others, and recording their screams is literally nothing compared to it.

    I am fully aware of the atrocities committed in real life, but my original comment was very specifically, and I though clearly, talking about the videogame of Dead by Daylight

1 2 3 ›